Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

New Cheech & Chong film?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Heard they're bringing out a new film...storyline about them finding some strain of cannabis plant which can cure something, they forget what strain it is, so travel around the world testing every plant to find it again lol.

Sounds pretty much like standard Cheech and Chong fare :yes:

Anyone else heard of this or have any links?

Comments

• Options
    Working Title: Dis-Jointed.

Film Studio: New Line Cinema.

Production Begins: Spring '05.

Director: Unknown. Former director, Larry Charles now working on TV project.

Storyline written by Cheech Marin and Tommy Chong.

Storyline: Pedro and Man invent a hair restoration marijuana lotion, but don't recall which marijuana they used. They go on a road trip testing and smoking numerous crops of marijuana, trying to find the type they used. All the while, they are being chased by both law enforcement officials, who want to bust them, and the pharmaceutical companies that want the recipe.

The original script penned by Tommy's two daughters was hysterical. However, Tommy and Cheech felt the premise was unrealistic...Man was a drug counselor in that script.

Found it here
  • Options
    Cheech and Chong fucking hate the film i seen of them before, don't know what it was but it was shite overall.

It did have a couple of funny parts in it though, where they got stoned in the morning before going to breakfast then smoked some while sitting at the breakfast table then they got their breakfast which had cannabis in it, needless to say after they ate the breakfast they were pretty stoned, basic shit film though.
  • Options
    you need to go get into POT-TV.NET

Thats what i was saying on top of daily, worldly and otherwise the cream of the cannabis culture..you find out a lot about tommy chong and his recent spout in jail, which was totally fucked up. Lots of interiews where everyones high and friendly.

He says its meant to be in the same vein as "up in smoke" and that they will be living in the same neighbourhoods as they did in said movie...but older.

Indeed. GO!
  • Options
    Shogun wrote:
    Cheech and Chong fucking hate the film i seen of them before, don't know what it was but it was shite overall.

It did have a couple of funny parts in it though, where they got stoned in the morning before going to breakfast then smoked some while sitting at the breakfast table then they got their breakfast which had cannabis in it, needless to say after they ate the breakfast they were pretty stoned, basic shit film though.

Some of their stuff is pretty shite, watch Up in Smoke, which was their first film, as a stoner it's impossible not to find it humourous :thumb: .
  • Options
    some of it is dire.

up in smoke has it all though, thats a real good vibe. Its tommy's favourite too i think.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    Some of their stuff is pretty shite, watch Up in Smoke, which was their first film, as a stoner it's impossible not to find it humourous :thumb: .

I know it's humourous but there are better stoner films about, i tend to like the films that have more of a storyline as well as merging drugs into the scene.

What is this pot tv net all about? I'll go and take a look at it now.
  • Options
    Shogun wrote:
    I know it's humourous but there are better stoner films about, i tend to like the films that have more of a storyline as well as merging drugs into the scene.

What is this pot tv net all about? I'll go and take a look at it now.
    POT TV AND CANNABIS RADIO ARE CANAdian ventures that have been around for two years or more ...i found it seriously boring but haven't looked for over 18 months probably ...and aint inclined to now.
    besides ...all the vietnam music they play i either own or used to ...
  • Options
    POT TV AND CANNABIS RADIO ARE CANAdian ventures that have been around for two years or more ...i found it seriously boring but haven't looked for over 18 months probably ...and aint inclined to now.
    besides ...all the vietnam music they play i either own or used to ...

yeah its seriously canadian. But personally i have found a tremendous amount of good and informative stuff on there. I like having a choice.

Yeah its getting on now too.
  • Options
    Took a look but never downloaded anything yet, dosen't seem too bad.
  • Options
    Maybe youre not meaning download to your hard disk but you can just stream the shows on realplayer. :)
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    "It's fucking vodka man" :lol:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    maaaaaan.

hehe.