Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

bleeding and the pill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
HI im a 16 female from england.

im writing this because im worried about the pill. i started taking it 8 days ago on the first day of my period but the thing is my period is still on and usually it lasts about 6 days but im still bleeding and im worried that its not going to stop.

has this happened to anyone else? and if it has then has the bleeding stopped? and also wot do u think i should do?

please help me if i keep bleeding then i dunno how much blood i am going to lose and i might bleed to death or sumthin. i know i sound stupid but please help me.

luv WARPED!

Since i was born i started to decay. Nuthin ever ever goes my way.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I was looking at going on the pill myself, I got a leaflet right here from the family planning clinic:

"You may get temporary side-effects when you first start the pill. These side-effects include:
    headaches, weight gain/loss, nausea, breast tenderness, bleeding between periods, mood changes
    These side effects should stop within three months. If not, changing your type of pill may help."

hope this helps, but if you're still worried, go back to the doctor/clinic
    ((((warped))))
    rite my m8 went on the pill, n for the first month, she bled continuously. I think its so it gets it all out of there.

I think its normal, don't worry you wont bleed to death!

There's a girl in my mirror
    I wonder who she is
    Sometimes I think I know her
    Sometimes I really wish I did
    And after you've been on the pill for a while your periods start getting lighter, don't they?
    I had that and I bled for 5 weeks, before i finally went to the docs, she gave me some tablets to stop the bleeding, go to the doctors, it can be dangerous!!

I don't mean to scare you, but better to be safe than sorry!

I thoud I saw a puddycat, I did, I did see a puddycat!!
  • Girl-From-MarsGirl-From-Mars Posts: 2,822 Boards Guru
    Originally posted by bundo:
    And after you've been on the pill for a while your periods start getting lighter, don't they?

yep. and they last less time too. well mine did anyway.

It only takes one tree to make a thousand matches, only takes one match to burn a thousand trees
    I bled solidly for the first month. Dont worry bout it. If it carries on past that then see it a doc. Good luck babes.

I have a drinking problem. Two hands yet only one mouth.
    ok. so quite a few people bled for the whole of the first month. im a bit releived now even though it is like day 13. the thing is though its more like very thick discharge, not blood. AND its brown!

has this happened to anyone else? and when did the bleeding actually stop for these people?

please reply.
    luv warped

Since i was born i started to decay. Nuthin ever ever goes my way.