Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

how much debt are u in??

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Kath2003
    But I work damn hard for that luxury.

Which, of course, drastically impacts on your studies.

T'missus is doing 25 hours a week work, and uni on top, and I don't think it all gets fit in properly.
    Originally posted by twisted_trinity
    i'm now 2000€ in debt and i'm not even at uni, and my new course at music college doesn't start until january. :(

though i do have it susspended for a year while i'm taking the course, and then possibly another 6 months extension.

but i am only in debt to my mother.

:eek:

im in £9500 debt so far

and i dont use my overdraft as i get a bursary on top of my loan coz my uni liked me so much

got 2 years to go at about £5000 a year, so erm about £21000 including interest wen im done
    Howd you manage that? Part-time job? I'll go to uni in Belfast where I live, and if I stay at home I could save alot of money (not elligible for for halls!) But I'll still be in debt of around 7000
    :crazyeyes
    I have just under £3000 to pay back for student loan and that will prob increase to £6000 when i go to uni to do my third year. And I am bout £95 in my overdraft not much but only have a £100 limit atm. (trying not to spend money I don't have)
    too much.

i'm not even going to think about it.

but, it is very reassuring to see i'm not the only one.
    holy crap.
    im starting uni im september and all this talk about debt is making me slightly worried.
    you'll be fine if you just watch your money.

you're entitled to splurge quite a bit of your first loan installment but not all of it! :no:
    papamark wrote:
    holy crap.
    im starting uni im september and all this talk about debt is making me slightly worried.

Ahhh, dont worry about it, student loans arent real money, you only pay back what you were lent and it comes straight out of your pay cheque, so you dont even notice it.
    i have my student loan, £400 overdraft and £2k i owe to barclays for personal loan had to take out to consolidate debt i had before i started uni this year to make it more manageable.
    would def advise all students to steer well clear of credit cards.. they are BAD :no:
    would def advise all students to steer well clear of credit cards.. they are BAD :no:

and store cards!

:no:
    im redoing my 2nd year. at the end of this year i will owe £12700 in student loan. at the mo im not into my overdraft but thats because i havnt paid my rent yet and the bills havnt gone out.
    crime. :angel:
    empire21 wrote:
    i was just wondering after the first semester at uni, how much debt other people are in??if any.just want to reassure myself that other students are in the same situation as me!!

About £8,500. Just dropped out of second year and having to re-sit next year. Ahhh, all work and no play would make me a dull boy...fuck money, plenty of time for working ahead of us to pay it off...make the most of uni :yes: .
    I have now finished University.

Outcome:-

2 Credit Cards = £1,250
    3 Overdrafts = £3,750

Just to get the banks off your ass, has anyone consolidated their debts?
    I may need some advice on the best way to do this, good rates etc...
    Looked around but mainly for homeowners...

Ta
    Just to get the banks off your ass, has anyone consolidated their debts?
    I may need some advice on the best way to do this, good rates etc...
    Looked around but mainly for homeowners...

your best bet is probably a graduate loan. i'm not sure about other banks, but lloyds tsb do one with preferential rates for the first few years after you graduate.

pop into your bank and have a chat with them.
    Kermit wrote:
    "get a summer job". Not quite so easy in pratcise.
    Even in London I can't find a shop job. :( Sucks. Only debt so far is student loan, btu I'm worried I could be in trouble when I have to pay my own rent cos it's so expensive in London.

And Kaff, maybe I go to the wrong places, or maybe it's cos I live in London but if I want to pay £5 for a club and get a taxi home (even split) I have to drink tap water all night to have change from £10. However, comparatively the people who drink always spend more than those who don't I'm not undermining your point - I'm just jealous!