Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

where to live next year?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
im really confused as to what to do next year. Im half way through the 2nd year of my degree and my boyfriend said he's moving up to lincoln so we can get a place together, but i dont see that happening any more.
At the moment im in a shared house with a girl i dont like but its not THAT bad living here, i mean its a nice house in a good area and its rare that im kept awake at night.
however i dont know if i want to stay in lincoln if my boyfriend doesnt move because im sick of the distance.
whats more i have to let my landlady know by 15th (tomorrow!) if im living here next year

these are my options-

-stay living here in this house with the girl who annoys the hell out of me

-not live here, and either find somewhere with boyfriend or on my own/in a shared house with people i dont know who might possibly affect my studying by keeping me awake etc

-take a year out

-scream

Help! what shall i do?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    is this other girl staying do you know?
  • Options
    is this other girl staying do you know?

well the house is for a minimum of 3 people. She (the other girl lets call her girl 1) wants to stay and is trying to convince me to aswell because, well she doesnt have any friends, but we would still have to find another person to live in the 3rd room because the other girl living with us (girl 2) cant take living with girl 1 any longer, so shes going to live at home for her 3rd year as its only 1/2 hour drive away.
  • Options
    well if you're happy living there, stay there. you or your landlord will presumably advertise for new tenants.

a little confused about your bf - you say you can't cope with the distance anymore but you don't want to live with him? is that right?
  • Options
    well if you're happy living there, stay there. you or your landlord will presumably advertise for new tenants.

a little confused about your bf - you say you can't cope with the distance anymore but you don't want to live with him? is that right?

ooh nono i do wanna live with him i just dont see him moving up here.
  • Options
    ahh right i see, sorry! i don't know what to suggest, sorry :(

well to be fair to you your boyfriend really needs to say definatley whether he's going to or not.
  • Options
    Yeah i would get your boyfriend to decide pretty soonish.

Is it possible he could come and make up the 3rd person in this house, that way you won't have to do any moving and stuff and still get to live with him?
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    Yeah i would get your boyfriend to decide pretty soonish.

Is it possible he could come and make up the 3rd person in this house, that way you won't have to do any moving and stuff and still get to live with him?

we thought of this yes, and im sure it would work. however he would need to sign the contract and i dont think he will do that because he's not 100% sure he can move up

me thinks i need to talk with him over this
  • Options
    Blah_x2 wrote:
    we thought of this yes, and im sure it would work. however he would need to sign the contract and i dont think he will do that because he's not 100% sure he can move up

me thinks i need to talk with him over this

yus indeed you do! good luck (: