Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Creepy Creepy Guy.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been working at Tesco's for quite a few months now, and there are quite a few odd people(You wouldn't expect adults of the highest intellect to work on the checkouts really). But there's this one guy that's rather...disturbing.

He walks with a limp and he's a bit fat and old, and stares at things a little too much for my liking. By things, I mean children.
I just thought it was my imagination at first, but then I heard from some one else that he'd done time in prison for paedophilia(The person I spoke to was married to a prison warden or something). And they told me he liked small boys.

Then I remembered some one telling me what he(Scary guy) said to them once. It was along the lines of:
"Imagine if us and the customers all got snowed in, we'd have to have boy rooms and girl rooms" At this point the person walked off, and I don't blame them.

I was standing next to him once, and he turned to me and said:
"Is your name Tiny Tim?"
Me-"Erm...no"
"So your second name isn't Tiny Tim?"
Me-"No, of course it isn't"
That's when I walked off.

It's not like i'm afraid of him or anything, he couldn't exactly molest me if he tried. But still, it's a bit...unnerving. And there are kids in the store quite often.

Well, that's that, just thought you'd like to hear about my wonderful working environment.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I understand your concerns about this but I think it's important not to get carried away in your head about what this guy is like. It's quite dangerous to put an imaginary personality and history onto someone you don't know - he could just be a guy who has difficulties in social situations, has mental health problems etc. However, I also think that if it's making you feel uneasy you should share your concerns in a sensible way. Arrange an appointment with your manager and tell them that you are concerned about him. It isn't an issue that a junior member of staff should be worrying about, so leave it up to the menager to keep an eye on him if necessary.
    i'm sure if he'd been convicted for paedophilia crimes that tesco wouldn't have employed him - can you have a word with a section manager but of course make sure you don't make it sound like you're gossiping?
    Say you're concerned about him, and leave it at that.

You don't know anything about him, Tesco do employ staff with mental health difficulties, and others that are long-term unemployed, often as part of their planning permissions for new stores.
    If it's bothering you speak to your manager. Or you could even tell the guy himself that something's he says make you uncomfortable. I wouldn't go on hearsay though because i really doubt a convicted peadophile would be given a job in a supermarket where they would have constant acess to children, although Tesco do emply people that have been imprisoned as far as i know they don't employ registered sex offenders.