Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Regards to REFERENCES

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Basically I've never had a single job all my life(19 @ the end of '04) so who do I get a reference off of because i've not had any previous employers:confused:

Any help greatfully received:)

.:Crispy:.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    someone who knows you well but isn't related (family friends work well). and someone from your last school/college? tutor/head/form teacher?
    you didn't even have a paper-round? i thought everyone had them. :o
    you didn't even have a paper-round? i thought everyone had them. :o

Nope, I helped out my mate & my sis on the odd occasion but never wanted to do it as a solo venture.
    where did you get your money from then? and now..how do you manage without earning money?

you need to do yourself a really good c.v., that should win them over. afterall, you have to start somewhere and not all companies need people with experience.
    You can get a lot of jobs with little or no experience. You just need to show skills (academia) and find a company that needs staff PDQ.

As for referees, I have my old tutor from college and a family friend.
    I'm in the same situation. The references that I used were those of a trusted college tutor and that of my boss during my week of work experience a few years back.
    With the school ref would it be addressed to the headmaster or my house head?
    Kermit wrote:
    find a company that needs staff PDQ

What's PDQ :confused:
    Crispy wrote:
    With the school ref would it be addressed to the headmaster or my house head?

Depends on who you want it addressed to.

I used my history teacher for a while, it only has to be someone who knows you and is in a respectable position.
    What's PDQ :confused:

Pretty Damn Quick.

Those with little experience will find that companies desperate for vacancies to be filled quickly are better bets to apply to.