Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hash Brownies

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My friend made a batch. Everyone became mellow, except me. My heart starting pumping so frickin fast that I couldn't sit still because when I tried, my mind couldn't seem to justify my heart pumping so fast in relation to my fairly placid sitting...!! Then when I spoke it was like, I'd say something and just kept jabbering with no real thought untill a couple seconds later when I could hear what I was saying and properly comprehend it. As a total newbie to drugs, their use, side effects with specific drugs, when I asked the provider of these brownies what the hell was going on, after confessing "They're hash brownies" for a start he then followed "Christ knows what shit must've ended up in yours"...any light on it from anyone?!

Malt xxx :D

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i hope you weren't given these things without your knowledge!
    eating cannabis is a very very strong experience ...even for seasoned users.
    if you felt you were going mad ...thats quite normal.
    no one ever does go mad thoiugh.
    cannabis can be a stimulant and a relaxant at the same time ...has science in a quandry to this day.
    sounds like what you were experiencing.
    don't eat cannabis in any quantity till you are familiar with the stuff ...and even then it caqn come as quite a shock!
    i have been using the stuff for over thirty years and it still disturbs me ...often ...
    Eating cannabis is very very powerful and since you don't know how much was in it you'll never know how stoned you'd get, i eat cannabis the very odd time, used to eat it alot, the high lasts much longer and is alot more stronger.

You probably just got a big dose of cannabis and since your new to drugs you didn't handle it all the best.

Better luck next time.
    Maaaan when I last had space cakes I was gone... I ate about 3 and passed out.

I remember trance music playing and I was on an illuminated rollar coaster... like it was all made from neon lights... and then somehow I woke up the next day at 11am and everyone had gone home.
    Re: Hash Brownies
    Originally posted by malteser monkay
    My friend made a batch. Everyone became mellow, except me. My heart starting pumping so frickin fast that I couldn't sit still because when I tried, my mind couldn't seem to justify my heart pumping so fast in relation to my fairly placid sitting...!! Then when I spoke it was like, I'd say something and just kept jabbering with no real thought untill a couple seconds later when I could hear what I was saying and properly comprehend it. As a total newbie to drugs, their use, side effects with specific drugs, when I asked the provider of these brownies what the hell was going on, after confessing "They're hash brownies" for a start he then followed "Christ knows what shit must've ended up in yours"...any light on it from anyone?!

Malt xxx :D

That's what space cakes will do to ye ;) .

Feeling your heart pumping fast is normal when you're stoned, especially during the onset of the drug, although plenty of people get worried by it.

Talking a load of shite is also par for the course lol...the range of things that can happen are pretty wide...from making silly noises and laughing your arse off to having your mind blown away by something like a film or a song...personally i fucking love the stuff.

Sounds like the provider of the cakes was trying to get you para...a bird i know was getting bad paranoia off some skunk, people around her were telling her it was laced with heroin...not knowing much she believed it...so watch out for the twats who'll try and prevent you having a pleasant trip ;) .
    like other people have said eating canabis can be a very weird thing and it definatly not something that should be done by a newbie....

someone i was talking to a while ago said that putting hash into yogurt is a much better way to start off with.....the baking activates the canabinoids(sp?) so you get an effect pretty much as soon as your body absorbs it. were as the process is slowed down in smething cold such as yogurt.

i could be talking complete bollocks...
    The best way for a hash youghert is to crumble the hash onto a spoon, then either butter or cooking oil onto the spoon and burn the spoon from underneath until it turns into a real disguisting mixture you wouldn't even feed to the dogs, put that into the youghert and repeat the process until you think there is enough hash in it, eat that up and in about an hours time you'll be feeling the effects, it can be very unexpected sometimes, one minute your sitting there stone cold sober next minute your completly stoned off your face like never before, i miss eating hash. :(
    Wait for it

Dont wanna sound patronizing but if you are new to this, watch out for the delayed reaction. You might think theyre not working but it just takes 30 mins or more for them to have an effect.
    My friend once thought they hadnt worked and ate about 12. this had the effect of causing him to apologize profusely and "in advance" for the next day or so.
    Originally posted by twisted_trinity
    like other people have said eating canabis can be a very weird thing and it definatly not something that should be done by a newbie....

someone i was talking to a while ago said that putting hash into yogurt is a much better way to start off with.....the baking activates the canabinoids(sp?) so you get an effect pretty much as soon as your body absorbs it. were as the process is slowed down in smething cold such as yogurt.

i could be talking complete bollocks...

Baking actually has no impact upon the THC, unless of course you heat it too much and it oxidizes and degrades.

THC is more hallucinogenic when taken orally because it is broken down by the live I believe into delta-THC (off the top of my head) which is longer lasting and more hallucinogenic.
    Re: Wait for it
    Originally posted by MutantSquirrel
    Dont wanna sound patronizing but if you are new to this, watch out for the delayed reaction. You might think theyre not working but it just takes 30 mins or more for them to have an effect.
    My friend once thought they hadnt worked and ate about 12. this had the effect of causing him to apologize profusely and "in advance" for the next day or so.

I always found it took at least a good hour to start feeling the effects then it built up from there for hours, i've seen myself stoned all day from eating hash, say from 2pm right through till 9 or 10 that night.

It really can be very strong.