Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The Feminist Trap

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Russ T Bitz
    I've said it's "as if" they are of the impression that males aren't victims. Challenge number 1 met.

How does that work?

Your own bias proves nothing.

She says my feelings on the matter are irrelevant. Read back about 10 posts for that.

No she didn't.

She said male victims of DV were irrelevant to a discussuion about feminism and a feminist website. And that whining on about male victims is irrelevant to the debate. Which is true, just like chess is irrelevant to a website about fish.

And thanks for the abuse. Very grown up of you.

Abuse?

"You're talking shit." is an accurate statement, it seems.
  • Options
    My point is if you were told told there'd be a programme on TV tonight on Domestic Abuse and you were a female victim of such, you could be sure that your issue will be catered for. However if like me you are a male victim and you heard of such a programme, you'd be resigned in to knowing your issue is not likely to be mentioned.
    I Googled for 'domestic violence men' and got three and three quarter million hits. The first ten were all about battered men.

Google
  • Options
    I've dealt with women in the past with attitudes such as yours towards male victims and found them to be totally irrational and unreasonable so I no longer waste my time in trying to make them see sense.
    Women, eh?
  • Options
    you dont have to be a woman to be a complete bitch

theres equality for you
  • Options
    WHAT ABOUT INTERSEX MEMBERS OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE, ARE THEY NOT PEOPLE TOO?

Omg it's like they don't exist!!! :eek2:
  • Options
    Originally posted by MrG
    look above and you see why people disagree with you
    then after you have looked above, read the post before this one

First - this is a post about racism not feminism. Apologies to those as bored as I am by discussion of my unproven racism/suspected racism - there's a thread devoted to that but MrG chose not to use it. Skip this post if your interest is feminism. MrG please respond to this post in the 'Hey nckdn' thread to avoid wasting more of other people's time.

OK MrG, you have a way with words apparently so you'll know that the two posts you provided aren't contradictory - read 'em carefully -
    "Black people can be English",
    as opposed to
    "Most Blacks who have British citizenship identify as 'Black British', 'Afro -Caribbean', or 'West Indian'."
    It's up to them you see...I'm a person who thinks 'British Blacks' should define their own nationality and ethnicity, 'shock horror!'. There's no contradiction in my posts, yet contradictions are the only basis for your post, since you don't post anything but my posts!
    My words are not contradictory, and not 'racist'. I think it's regrettable but understandable that British 'Blacks' (don't like the word myself, but it's the most widely understood word) have been encouraged to claim, and in fact, do claim distinctly seperate national and ethnic identities. I gave the most obvious examples in my posts and they are not the product of my imagination - they are how 'Black British' people identify themselves (I linked to the 2001 census site to show that ALL minority ethnic groups in England deny an English identity). I've been surprised at the aggressiveness with which people on this board have insisted that 'British Blacks', are in fact English whether they claim it or not. To quote one of the heroes of the Black British Struggle, Bernie Grant MP, "Black British is appropriate...it would stick in my throat to call myself English". His views are not unrepresentative and not racist, either for him to pronounce or me to repeat. I'll ask again - they don't claim to be English, why should others insist they are? What the hell is going on here?
  • Options
    Go away you moron.
  • Options
    Originally posted by nckdn
    A source was only provided for those who didn't know about Sontag's hateful racism. I made explicit that I did not endorse the views of either source, and my posts show that I disapprove of racism. You understood that, but decided to have a pop at me anyway.
    Had any genocidal racist fantasies today looney? Why not post them, you get away with it!

you mentioned that text above in this thread, and thats why i mentioned what i later did, showing that you lied when you said "i disapprove of racism"

ive just gone and shown you

and as i said just earlier in this post, you brough it up not me you moronic git
  • Options
    So nckdn, you're argument is that because some black people don't identify as British or English, no black players at all should be allowed to play for England?
  • Options
  • Options
    Who'll always lose? Me? :confused:
  • Options
  • Options
    Aaaahhh, phew! ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    So nckdn, you're argument is that because some black people don't identify as British or English, no black players at all should be allowed to play for England?

I notice the deliberate smudge between English and British, second time Blagsta, second time too...
    Anyway the answer's no, but obviously on matters of ethnicity (and nationality), you can't separate the individual from the group. As I replied when you first asked essentially the same question
    I think we'll know when they're English - they'll identify as English and they'll be recognised as English...history and memory being the whole thing really.
    The memory and history of most British Blacks is perfectly in tune with Bernie Grant as we all know, and knowledge of that memory and history should not be ignored.
    Of course this is true for Welsh, Irish and Canadians as well as 'Blacks'. I haven't sought to make this an issue about 'Blacks', but an issue of Englishness. Other people see the issue thro' a racial lens. Girl with sharp teeth, you recognise don't you that I haven't posted opinions on race, only facts which I've supported, but I do have to defend myself from the racist libel that Kermit, Blagsta and MrG keep vomiting up when we're not even discussing race.
  • Options
    um, am i stoned or has this got nothing to do with feminism? you got the wrong thread or have i?........
  • Options
  • Options
    I think it all kicked off (pardon the expression, ladies ;) ) when he made a remark about Susan Sontag being a dead racist.