Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Plz take this seriously!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay, I know there's been threads about this already... but basically the whole shaving pubes thing.... yeah what the f*ck?! I did for my bf, was ok.. n then woah suddenyl kanes and doesn't look nice anymore! Need help, and a solution before new years!! Please reply people!!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You shaved it a bit too vigourously I think. What you need is some distilled witch hazel. You can get it from any chemist and its cheap. DOnt bother with the witch doctor gel or stick as thats got alcohol in it. The distilled stuff in a liquid is cheaper and less likely to sting. This should clear up any spots that come up when the hairs try and ingrow. It does work.
    My other advice is to not bother shaving the whole thing is its very high maintenance, and unless you can be bothered to do it everyday, then dont shave the whole thing.
    try waxing
    i've always wondered how many people take the time to do this? is it something that most guys expect or just a total personal opionion thing?
    I've done it before in the past, but i so can't be bothered with the upkeep so i don't usually. I had a brazilian wax done for my ex (for his birthday!) and it really bloody hurt and i got loads of ingrowing hairs :(

I think it's a personal preference thing tbh.
    Originally posted by Sa-ra-ra-ra
    I've done it before in the past, but i so can't be bothered with the upkeep so i don't usually. I had a brazilian wax done for my ex (for his birthday!) and it really bloody hurt and i got loads of ingrowing hairs :(

I think it's a personal preference thing tbh.

yeah personal preference..

but i get the braz. done... but i exfoliate that area.... it diminishes the number of ingrowns..
    I find if I use a nice moisturiser or body lotion, shaving doesn't give me any problems. Cocoa butter body lotion is a good one, you can get it from Superdrug, can't remember the brand name though...
    personal preference, plus I just think itsjust the fashion at the moment.
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    personal preference, plus I just think itsjust the fashion at the moment.

been doing it since i got pubic hair....not really fashion for moi :p
    Originally posted by Amira
    try waxing

Doesn't waxing the gash hurt just a bit???
    Tried hair removal creams?
    From the first time I found a pube I got rid of it. When I couldnt just pluck out the odd hair anymore I would shave. I just find pubes so uncomfortable and really itch me.
    I used to shave every day and them use moisteriser but now I wax. It does hurt. But I found when I do it myself it hurts less than if I get it done by a professional.

I tried using the creams but they really dnt work.