Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Nothing to live for anymore

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    no but more than a few choice posts! oh and in reference to ucas, you know you can apply with a paper form, can you not send a cheque with it?
    Originally posted by Girl_gunner
    no but more than a few choice posts! oh and in reference to ucas, you know you can apply with a paper form, can you not send a cheque with it?
    Time's running a little low, with the deadline being on January 15th. That's why I'd prefer to apply online.
    Fair enough, go get a debit card?
    Fair enough, go get a debit card?
    Don't have one. :(
    get one? if you have some money. it takes about half hour. walk into the bank and get one.how much is ucas? £15?
    get one? if you have some money. it takes about half hour. walk into the bank and get one.how much is ucas? £15?
    Correct. As for the bank, I've had no end of trouble with them before. Even getting to set up a bank account was a process riddled with confusion. I wonder what they'll say this time, staff there are normally as much use as chocolate teapots.
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    Correct. As for the bank, I've had no end of trouble with them before. Even getting to set up a bank account was a process riddled with confusion. I wonder what they'll say this time, staff there are normally as much use as chocolate teapots.
    Oh how useless:( try another bank? I really think you should try to sort it so you can apply
    Oh how useless:( try another bank? I really think you should try to sort it so you can apply.
    Hmm, I've been disappointed with HSBC from the very start. I suspect a change of bank might get the message across.
    Try nationwide I bank with them and find them great, or natwest alot of my friends use.
    Well, I've spent the last hour or so checking around the website of the job centre. And I can find absolutely nothing whatsoever that I am qualified to do. Every single job seems to say "ability to drive a car is compulsory", or "experience is necessary". Oh, this is my worst nightmare. I hope that I didn't print these CVs in vain.
    TALK TO A PERSON DONT FCUKIN USE STATIC WEBSITES!!

trust me, people are the way to go. ring up Careers Wales, who are not just for people who know where they want to go, they're there to help. They do part time jobs too.
    Originally posted by queenmab_roo
    TALK TO A PERSON DON'T USE STATIC WEBSITES!!
    trust me, people are the way to go. ring up Careers Wales, who are not just for people who know where they want to go, they're there to help. They do part time jobs too.
    Talking to people is my weakness. As for Careers Wales, I tried that this morning. All they wanted to say was go on JSA or Incapacity Benefit. I found them very unhelpful. I'll give them one more try later, (it might just have been a bad day for the member of staff who answered my call) but if I get nothing more helpful, I won't use their services again.
    Be firm, and explain that it's a job you want, not benefits. perhaps they;re just trying to give you that in the meantime? its part of their process.

But on the other hand, congratulations for trying that this morning. it is a step forward!

as for what firms to send it to, try just sending it to woolworths and supermarkets etc.

I must say that i can agree with rolly in some ways- you're being spoon fed step by step here, and still throwing it back! carry on in a good way- the call to Careers wales was a good start.
    Be firm, and explain that it's a job you want, not benefits. perhaps they're just trying to give you that in the meantime? But on the other hand, congratulations for trying that this morning. it is a step forward!
    Fair enough, I'll explain my sitiuation a little differently in my second attempt. As for the CVs, I'll be going into town tomorrow for several reasons. Partly because I've got to get a few things and partly to do this thing. I'm dreading handing one into Woolworths, but hopefully, I'll be able to find a member of staff I know. Being a local place, I do know a bit about some of the people who work there.
    so ...how did your day of job hunting go?
    don't tell me ...you made one phone call and didn't like the response you got ...
    you haven't checked to see if the garage need a forecourt attendant ...the shop needs a cashier ...the taxi company don't need to train up a base radio operator ...
    all requiring no skills ...
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    you haven't checked to see if the garage need a forecourt attendant... the shop needs a cashier... the taxi company don't need to train up a base radio operator... all requiring no skills...
    None of the shops need cashiers at the moment. One is asking for a manager, but I can't honestly apply for that. I've no idea what a forecourt attendant is, and as for a base radio operator, I'll check with some local taxi firms. Though as I can't drive, I might not be of much use.
    None of the shops need cashiers at the moment. One is asking for a manager, but I can't honestly apply for that. I've no idea what a forecourt attendant is, and as for a base radio operator, I'll check with some local taxi firms. Though as I can't drive, I might not be of much use.
    the taxi job is sitting in an office and most taxi companies will pick you up drop you off.
    have you actualy checked all the shops?
    be honest.
    what about factories and farms?
    isn't codwallopers ice cream factory near you ...always needing staff ...the fishing boats are usualy looking for young men ...the railway company ...the council ...the bus company ...all have non driving liciencse unskilled kind of work.
    have you actualy checked all the shops? be honest.
    what about factories and farms? isn't codwallopers ice cream factory near you ...always needing staff ...the fishing boats are usualy looking for young men ...the railway company ...the council ...the bus company ...

No, I haven't checked all the shops. I'll check the rest of them out tomorrow, as I've got to go to town again to get a few things. As for Codwallopers, there's simply no way I can get there without a car, so I reckon it's out of the question. Fishing boats? No thank you! The railway company and council, I'll check that one.
    Fishing boats? No thank you!
    don't blame you mate ...have been on one and fuck me they are scary!
    i don't even like big dippers ...
    don't blame you mate ...have been on one and fuck me they are scary! i don't even like big dippers...
    After being seasick once, I don't really want to go back.
    ha, you'll miss out on one of the best experiences in life... scuba diving.
    ha, you'll miss out on one of the best experiences in life... scuba diving.
    thats all well and good queeny ...the difference being you fell overboard on purpose ...as opposed to being smashed to little pices by big waves!:crazyeyes
    Lol yes, but i had to deal with an hour of seasickness first before getting to the diving point on the Great Barrier Reef... after that rocking, it doesn't half feel good to get into the water... you feel solid again!
    few months ago i got suspended from work, couldnt be doing with getting an earful from my mother as it was a sunday so i drove down to a retail park to find another job as i was convinced i was getting the sack.
    Walked into Sports Soccer, asked if they had any jobs, said yes, asked for an interview,said yes, asked if they could do it now, said ok, gave me a form to fill in, filled that in went back in had me interview. Told them i need a job right now as ive been suspended from mine, the company is shit and the management are a load of back-stabbing, two faced idiots, i want out asap. . Said i can do any hours, ive got retail experience, ill have to let you know when i can start as i have a disaplinary hearing to attend in work tomorrow. will call you back later in the week.

Sorted. Now if i can walk into a shop on a sunday afternoon, wearing my sainsburys uniform, after being suspended and get a job, im certain with some half smart clothes on and a cv you can get yourself a job anywhere.
    Lol yes, but i had to deal with an hour of seasickness first before getting to the diving point on the Great Barrier Reef... after that rocking, it doesn't half feel good to get into the water... you feel solid again!
    the sick aint a problem ...it's being scared shitless!
    Go and drive a bus. They always want staff.
    Stargalaxy, if you'd gone here in the first place, you'd have found this all much easier. Take some time to read through all the articles - I hope some of them help you.

Also this site is, admittedly, for graduates, but will give you lots of helpful tips on jobhunting and I've given you this link before, but I really think you should check it out again.

Keep it up.
    FallenAngel84: You honestly think I'm capable of it? Truth be told, I'm starting to think I am. You have the advantage of experience, but I suppose I'll have to do this to get my own experience.

Kermit: I can't drive, so I can't go and drive a bus. I think that's a valid reason.

Spanner: Website for graduates? What use is that to me?! I'm not a graduate, though I'd certainly like to do a degree. I may sound ungrateful, but the article you suggested I read was of no use whatsoever. In any case, I don't know if it applies anymore.

This morning, I've been in town and finally managed to hand out a few copies of my CV. I started by handing one in at my job centre. Said they could help me, so I let them have a copy. I managed to hand one in at Woolworths, made so much easier by the fact the member of staff I spoke to was someone I knew at school. Handed one in at a little pet shop, they seemed strangely keen. Next, went to a supermarket called Kwik Save, they always seem to be hiring staff, odd. That's all I've managed so far. I might try to get some more out later.

Spanner: Website for graduates? What use is that to me?! I'm not a graduate, though I'd certainly like to do a degree. I may sound ungrateful, but the article you suggested I read was of no use whatsoever. In any case, I don't know if it applies anymore.

if you'd bothered to look at prospects, you'd know that although it's designed for graduates, it's packed with information about every career under the sun - what the job is like, what you can expect to be paid, what kind of qualifications you'd need, so it's useful for almost anyone.
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    if you'd bothered to look at prospects, you'd know that although it's designed for graduates, it's packed with information about every career under the sun - what the job is like, what you can expect to be paid, what kind of qualifications you'd need, so it's useful for almost anyone.
    I'm looking for a job, not a career. Going to university is partly a way of leading to a career later on.