Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Why???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
why do people buy clothes that are made by big labels, i was in JJB's there a while back and i saw a pair of blue nike air trainers, cost something like £105 and i tkink the company did this on purpose, they put a pair of hi-tec trainers that looked identical, i mean identical except for logos right beside it for £20, personally i'd rather save £85, is logos and all that really that important, i love a bargain.

Comments

• Options
    Because they're more popular and tend to impress other people more, therefore introducing a greater sense of self-satisfaction.
  • Options
    Depends really.
    I have no problem buying H&M, Zara, Mango, etc. for basics. But when I do buy expensive, then there's no doubt that it's either special in the sense that it is a style which is unique, or for the enhanced quality.
  • Options
    The only time I've acutally seen people paying for the labels are neds in JJB/YSL/Henri Lloyd/Fred Perry etc. where the logo's are clearly visibile.

Actually trendy clothes cost alot, but have no brand name logo's plastered all over them. With those clothes, people pay for the style, design, patterns and quality, not brand names.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Capacity
    Because they're more popular and tend to impress other people more, therefore introducing a greater sense of self-satisfaction.

i always thought that, i used to cry whenever my ma bought me a cheap top or something, tbh, i never walk around town looking at peoples shoes or tops or what not, i like what looks good, whether it diesel or primark, i go for the cheapest bet.
  • Options
    I think it's more the 14/15 year old's who follow with what you're saying. People tend to grow out of it.
  • Options
    Sadly brand name trainers, such as Reebok, tend to last longer than cheaper ones. Well that's what I've found.

I try to avoid brand names anyway as it's these big companies that treat their employees like shit. Also, I don't wear chav clothes, especially trainers :p, big black boots are the way to go!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Depends really.
    I have no problem buying H&M, Zara, Mango, etc. for basics. But when I do buy expensive, then there's no doubt that it's either special in the sense that it is a style which is unique, or for the enhanced quality.

i wish i could afford places like that for basics. :(

i've been saving up for ages so that i can go to camden and by some stuff. but i don't think 100 quid is gonna go for in camden......:(
  • Options
    because people have more money than sense.
  • Options
    Originally posted by HunnyPot
    Sadly brand name trainers, such as Reebok, tend to last longer than cheaper ones. Well that's what I've found.

I havent found them to last any longer at all.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    I havent found them to last any longer at all.

me neither.

the only reason i would spend more (and by 'more', we're talking £25 H&M or Zara jeans rather than £4 tesco jeans) is because they tend to have a better design.
  • Options
    Originally posted by twisted_trinity
    i wish i could afford places like that for basics. :(

i've been saving up for ages so that i can go to camden and by some stuff. but i don't think 100 quid is gonna go for in camden......:(

i know what you mean.

£100 can get you quite far there, but it depends what kinda stuff ur buying+how hard you look around. I however am exstatic my bf volunteered to take me to camden+buy me stuff...he has nooo clue!(though id feel guilty taking advantage of his money so il end up with nothing anyway)
  • Options
    I think there is a difference though between buying stuff for the labels and buying good quality clothes.

Buying quality is fine, but buying something for the label is pointless.