Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

So apparently I'm gay...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well this was an interesting new years eve at the club. I had a gay guy ask my mate if I was interested in him. Apparently everyone in my ex work place thinks I'm gay and even my best mate of 11 years starts questioning my sexuality.
I wouldnt be so bothered but the fact is I know I'm straight but I guess I'm giving off wrong signals. Apparently it's my posture and some other crap.

So do I change who I am? Do I try and act more manly and 'straight'? Or do I just stick with who I am and give off all the wrong signals? I wouldnt be so bothered but it pisses me off that there could be a girl interested in me but just thinks I'm gay and moves on.

Sorry, this is the the drink talking but I''m very fucked off and very confused.

But happy new year, lol.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    man just be yourself, as long as you personally know you're not gay then it's dead on, fuck what they think.
    Dont worry about it mate, when i was at college i had loads of people ask me if i was gay because iv got lots of girl mates but im 100% straight.

My ex girlfriend thought i was gay because on some occasions i would straighten her hair or do her make up for her so she didnt have to. She stayed with me for a little while though.

Honestly mate dont you worry what other people think, iv pulled gay guys before but turned them down because im not at all attracted to men.

As long as you know what your sexuality preference is then its all good.
    You know who you are better than they do. It's not worth trying to change yourself to be something that you are not, just to please other people. - Just be yourself!
    Just be yourself :)

Quite a few girls go for guys who seem gay because they act gentler and show a more feminine side. One of my mates who is gay is always getting lasses after him.

Phoenix
    Thanks for the replies. I'm not going to change myself at all. I shouldn't have to and I know that. I just wish I knew what it is I'm doing that makes me look gay. apparently it's painfully obvious to everyone except me, lol. I think it was just strange to have my best mate of 11 years to question my sexuality when I thought of all people, he would know me best.

Anyways, time for another bacardi and coke.

*cough*
    It depends I guess, I've been told I can act a bit camp and I have been hit on by a few guys in the past.

Just carry on the way you are, metrosexual is the future anyway.
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    It depends I guess, I've been told I can act a bit camp and I have been hit on by a few guys in the past.

Just carry on the way you are, metrosexual is the future anyway.

im dreading it....

all you can do is just be what you feel comfy doing, you know your sexuality better than anyone else and well you know what you like

jus b urself
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    im dreading it....

Why would you dread it, it just means you get to do what you fancy, or not and no-one makes a big deal out of it.