Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Condoms...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
<removed>

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    because if you continue having sex once you have cum in a condom, there is a very very high probability it will break.

if you want the full protection that a condom offers you must change it once you have cum the 1st time - other wise there'll be babies :p
    <removed>
    the idea grosses me out anyway

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.... sticky
    Think of the condom+cum as a water bomb. If you sweeze the water bomb hard enough it will eventually burst.
    Always a good idea to change the condom, better safe than sorry.

Oooooorrrrrr you could always get yourself and your lady friend to the clinic, get tested, ask her politely to go on the pill (if its a serious relationship) then you dont need condoms...
    <removed>
    Originally posted by Tony22237
    spose i'll change in future lol :eek2:

Tony

If you've NOT lost your erection then there's no need to change condoms in the middle of sex.

All this talk of it bursting cos of a few teaspoons of fluid inthere is rubbish unless you've got corrosive spunk!!

Look at the pictures below of a condom can be stretched to that extent without breaking what do you think you're likely to do to it?

The danger is when losing your erection is can allow the fluids to escape..

image005.jpg

condom_test.jpg

CONDOMPA.JPG
    All this talk of it bursting cos of a few teaspoons of fluid inthere is rubbish unless you've got corrosive spunk!!

I don't agree with this mainly because I've had a condom splitting in me. The reason they'd split is the more forceful action of thrusting which causes the liquid to be compressed into the tiny teet in the top of the condom - this sudden pressure and the fact that the liquid is taking up available room and there's air and penis causing pressure against the liquid which is trying to find more room in order to release the pressure, and the so it splits. A) there's air in those condoms, no penis, liquid and pushing! B) the likely hood is that blowing those condoms up was a gradual process, not a sudden forecful gust of air and they were blown up to what they could handle if pushed that little bit too far, they'd pop.

Although condoms are blantently quite resillent and can handle some manipulation, you should always remove the condom after use just as a precaution...plus it's not like condoms are hard to come by, curtesy rules should make you want to change, plus getting jiggy with a used condom with old sperm still floating around...is a tad...:yuck: from a personal point of view!! And I think it'd be shared by others!!

Malt :)
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by malteser monkay
    Although condoms are blantently quite resillent and can handle some manipulation, you should always remove the condom after use just as a precaution...plus it's not like condoms are hard to come by, curtesy rules should make you want to change, plus getting jiggy with a used condom with old sperm still floating around...is a tad...:yuck: from a personal point of view!! And I think it'd be shared by others!!

Malt :)

I agree.

Recommending no condom change is wrong and potentially dangerous.
    One of my best girl mates had a condom rip after her bloke come, on 2 occasions actually.

So no its not bollocks and yes it is true.

Ask the professionals they will tell you that its got a good chance of ripping.
    Originally posted by JustWondering
    If you've NOT lost your erection then there's no need to change condoms in the middle of sex.

it's not just the bursting you've to be wary of.

if the guy keeps thrusting after he comes, the fluid can work its way down and out of the condom.

which is essentially as risky as not wearing one.

so don't do it unless you want babies/disease.
    Great to see people such as Just Wondering give such moronic advice.

The nipple of the condom is all there is to contain the semen, and once this is full the condom will break. If all the air is not squeezed out of the nipple before rolling on the condom then when you ejaculate the condom will break. If the reservoir is already filled with semen then the condom will break.

Once you ejaculate you MUST withdraw, and if you wish to continue use a new condom. If you lose your erection the condom will slip off, and even if you don't either you will split the condom or the semen will leak out of the top.
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Great to see people such as Just Wondering give such moronic advice.

The nipple of the condom is all there is to contain the semen, and once this is full the condom will break. If all the air is not squeezed out of the nipple before rolling on the condom then when you ejaculate the condom will break. If the reservoir is already filled with semen then the condom will break.

Once you ejaculate you MUST withdraw, and if you wish to continue use a new condom. If you lose your erection the condom will slip off, and even if you don't either you will split the condom or the semen will leak out of the top.

Instead of telling people to just change it after coming .. why not teach them how to put it corectly on in the first place .. note I did say if the man is still erect .. and I'd assume he knew how to put it on in the first place and sqeeze out the air and is having normal sex rather then rough sex ... if not then this should be made clear.

A 1994 FHI study showed that most condom users rarely experience condom breakage and/or slippage. A small group of users is often responsible for a majority of the breaks and slips. In the study, 177 couples used 1,947 condoms and reported a combined breakage/slippage rate of 8.7 percent. If every couple were equally likely to experience condom breakage/slippage, then each couple would have been expected to have about 1 out of 11 condoms either break or slip off. However, in this study, 16 couples (less than 10 percent of participants) were responsible for 50 percent of all the breakage/slippage. Well over half the couples did not experience any condom breakage/slippage among the 11 condoms each couple used.

In this study, four factors for men were significantly associated with increased condom breakage and slippage:
    no condom experience in the past year;
    condom breakage in the past year;
    not living with partner;
    12 or fewer years of schooling.
    Several other reasons for condom failure have been mentioned in the literature:
    opening the package with sharp objects or teeth;
    incorrect methods of putting on the condom, such as pulling it on like a sock;
    use of oil-based lubricant;
    lengthy and vigorous intercourse;
    using condoms for non-vaginal intercourse;
    not holding rim of condom during withdrawal;
    re-use of condoms.
    In addition to presenting overall percentages of breakage and slippage, it also may be informative to present their distribution among study participants (i.e., the percentage of users with no breaks, the percentage with one break, etc.). This illustrates that for a majority of condom users, condom breakage and slippage are rare events.
    <removed>
    Originally posted by Tony22237
    The guy sure does have a way of putting his point accross :D

So basically as long as still erect, can continue with 'NORMAL' sex rather than rough.....?

Tony

Maybe you should just tell us about what it is that happens after you come??

I mean what happens next ... you come and then what??

At the end of the day you have to provide us with more info to give you a better answer ... if you've come but you're hard as a rock still and just got another 2 minutes until the "Mrs" is gets to come as well I don't see any reason to stop 2 minutes before the job is done and if you've expelled al the air and still hard why not get the job done!! :D

If you go soft and then hard then yeah change the glove!!

If you're going at it rough then another reason to change .. it all depends on your situation of which we basically know very little about
    Just Wondering, once you've ejeculated into a condom- maintaining erection or otherwise- it needs to be taken off and a new one used. Otherwise the condom gets too full, and it tears. You could possibly keep using it for another couple of minutes, but if you ejeculate into it again then you seriously risk it failing.

It's amazingly simple. And given that helpful essay lists "re-use" as a common cause of condom failure, I'd say that I was right.
    JustWondering=WRONG
    Kermit=correct
    BritJames=Give good advice

Change it.
    J You could possibly keep using it for another couple of minutes, but if you ejeculate into it again then you seriously risk it failing.

It's amazingly simple. And given that helpful essay lists "re-use" as a common cause of condom failure, I'd say that I was right.

Well this is what I'm waiting to hear from the original poster, , as far as I read if he's talking about getting the job done and just continuing in the moment for a few minutes more then he should be OK ... He didn't say anything about reusing a condom after going soft ... we need him to clarify then we can help him better, but hopefully he knows how to put it on correctly in the first place to minimise the risk of breakage, or perhas buy a thicker condom (like the anal types) of
    Basically, you come, and you bin it. You then use a fresh condom should you need it. Condoms aren't for reusing.

I don't know why you're having a huge debate about it, the answer seems pretty simple to me.

Ilora x
    He says he continues until he comes again, it was in the original post.

Going for a minute after you've come to finish the girl off isn't recommended, but it would normally be OK. But ejaculating twice in the same condom isn't.

Though the original poster is a troll, so what does it matter?
    Just read the manual.
    Though the original poster is a troll, so what does it matter?

How you know?
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    How you know?

When you've been here as long as I have, one can just tell.

The 908099563487687 after the username is usually a dead giveaway.
    <removed>