Home› Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Why?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all...

I was just wondering...
Why do you use drugs? I don't use drugs, apart from alcohol occasionally. So what's the deal? Does it bring greater pleasure? How long does it take to get addicted? Are you addicted to drugs?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Why?
    Originally posted by nmrmak
    Hi all...

I was just wondering...
    Why do you use drugs? I don't use drugs, apart from alcohol occasionally. So what's the deal? Does it bring greater pleasure? How long does it take to get addicted? Are you addicted to drugs?

people see something as illegal and think it's dangerous and sum like, yes it gives you pleasure, insight, experience, people go out and get absolutely blocked on alcohol, they stumble about, fight, it personally rather take ecstacy on a night out, i don't find, have a good time, people can' see that, it's a drug of choice, just like choosing alcohol, illegality isnt relevant when all drugs are available and mostly clean, you can pick n choose.
    Re: Why?
    Why do you use drugs?

Fun.
    I don't use drugs, apart from alcohol occasionally.

Why do you use alcohol?
    So what's the deal?

What's the deal with alcohol?
    Does it bring greater pleasure?

Greater than what?
    How long does it take to get addicted?

Addicted to what drug?
    Are you addicted to drugs?

Tobacco and caffeine definitely. Alcohol I'm socially reliant on, but not physically addicted to. Everything else I can take or leave. Mostly leave these days.
    Re: Re: Why?
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    Why do you use alcohol?
    Because I like getting lashed. Because whatever I do, I can blame it on booze the next day. Because it relaxes you to a great extent.

I don't think very badly about people who do drugs, but i don't take them, and never had tried. Mostly it's the fear of getting addicted to it (whatever the drug).
    Re: Re: Re: Why?
    Mostly it's the fear of getting addicted to it (whatever the drug).

proof of how un-educated people are about drugs, did you know thayt alcohol is one of the most addictive drugs there are, that you can actually die if you go off it if you are addicted, did you know that most drugs like cannabis and ecstacy aren't physically addictive, no.
    Re: Re: Re: Why?
    Because I like getting lashed. Because whatever I do, I can blame it on booze the next day. Because it relaxes you to a great extent.

Well there's your answer.
    I don't think very badly about people who do drugs, but i don't take them, and never had tried. Mostly it's the fear of getting addicted to it (whatever the drug).

Alcohol is a drug, a very addictive one at that. Certainly more addictive than cannabis and more physically damaging than heroin. Different drugs have different effects, do differing levels of damage with differing addictiveness. What drug do you mean?
    Yes, well i think you can guess why young people are miseducated... If you teach youngsters that drugs are not *that* addictive, they'll all start doing them, right?

One more thing: Alcohol kills your liver and a bit of your brain. What do other drugs destroy? I'm interested in those non-physically addictive. Actually, I'm not interested as if I would actually do them, I'm just looking for info on this.
    Yes, well i think you can guess why young people are miseducated... If you teach youngsters that drugs are not *that* addictive, they'll all start doing them, right?

:rolleyes: you have a lot to learn son. don't know what the situation is like in serbia, what do they teach you about drugs over there.

go to www.erowid.org if you want to find out anything about drugs, positives, negatives etc etc.

millions are and have taken no notice whatsoever about the lies or the truth in a lot of cases.
    the truth may well cause more young people to consider cannabis and ecstacy ...i see no problem in that.
    What do other drugs destroy?

Which drugs?
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    Which drugs?

drugs man, there's alcohol then there's drugs, don't you understand, evil dirty drugs :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    What do other drugs destroy? I'm interested in those non-physically addictive.
    Drugs that are not physically addictive, and which are not alcohol. :)
    Another one of these questions.

I take drugs because they'r good.
    Drugs that are not physically addictive, and which are not alcohol. :)
    with the illegals ...opiates are the most addictive but the least damaging to your body. in fact addiction to opiates appears to do almost no damage ...except to your lifestyle which is very drasticaly altered. when you finaly escape them ...your fine but ...many don't escape. the stimulants age you very fast! but ecstacy is a stimulant and is relatively harmless cos it doesn't work very well if you take it to often ...meaning it's not a daily drug.
    cannabis ...i've been smoking it for 36 years and probably will to the day i die ...no i aint addicted as i get bored with it sometimes and leave it alone for weeks ...even months sometimes.
    lsd and magic mushrooms etc ...again relatively harmless but ...if your mind is troubled ...if emotionaly your not strong ...can have quite devastating effects on your mental health ...but saying that ...so can all the others.
    illegal drugs are not reccomended for people with troubled lives ...seriously.
    they are not for people trying to escape or change things ...very damaging if used in that context.
    they are for fun relaxation pleasure and spiritual experiences.
    because they're fun, because they make a good night better. same goes with alcohol.
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    with the illegals ...opiates are the most addictive but the least damaging to your body. in fact addiction to opiates appears to do almost no damage ...except to your lifestyle which is very drasticaly altered. when you finaly escape them ...your fine but ...many don't escape. the stimulants age you very fast! but ecstacy is a stimulant and is relatively harmless cos it doesn't work very well if you take it to often ...meaning it's not a daily drug.
    cannabis ...i've been smoking it for 36 years and probably will to the day i die ...no i aint addicted as i get bored with it sometimes and leave it alone for weeks ...even months sometimes.
    lsd and magic mushrooms etc ...again relatively harmless but ...if your mind is troubled ...if emotionaly your not strong ...can have quite devastating effects on your mental health ...but saying that ...so can all the others.
    illegal drugs are not reccomended for people with troubled lives ...seriously.
    they are not for people trying to escape or change things ...very damaging if used in that context.
    they are for fun relaxation pleasure and spiritual experiences.
    That's the answer I've been looking for. Thank you!
    it would be intresting to see how different drugs weigh up against each other in the respect of how much harm they cause...
    That's the answer I've been looking for. Thank you!
    thats what i thought you were lookng for.
    please believe me when i say that despite all the bullshit about people using drugs to escape their problems it is rarely the case.
    when people do use illegal drugs in this manner it can be quite damaging ...leaving you with far bigger problems than the ones you were trying to alieviate.
    the very best drug to relieve you of personal difficulties is heroin.
    you end up feeling nothing. you become comfortably numb and it is a very warm and safe place to be but ...it is a trap. after a while you have to up the dose again and again to get any effect. in the end your taking enough to kill ten men and getting nothing other than relief from horrendous withdrawl symptoms ...not reccomended.
    please believe me ...illegals are not an answer to anything.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Ecstasy can be abused but it's not addictive as such, simply due to the very nature of the drug. Tolerence builds very quickly which means that it's pretty pointless taking it every day, but it's quite obvious that binging on the drug isn't too healthy for you.
    It's also far safer than public opinion would lead you to believe, and with some common sense can be used almost without risk.
    It opens your eyes, is an incredibly social drug and is great drug to take if you're going to get laid with someone you care about.
    It's my drug of choice, but unfortunately I seem to have 'grown out of it'.
    Once in a while I indulge. And I love it.

Crack is also good, but very addictive so also very bad. :D
    Weekender Offender 
    truth ...few people can deal with it.
    Why? The Million $$ Question

If I knew WHY I used drugs over and over again with the same negative consequences I would be the richest person in the world. I wish I knew why? How do I stop it? Somebody please give me a solution!! :confused:
    Re: Why? The Million $$ Question
    Originally posted by Carrie
    If I knew WHY I used drugs over and over again with the same negative consequences I would be the richest person in the world. I wish I knew why? How do I stop it? Somebody please give me a solution!! :confused:

hold on i'll get an ambulance now
    Re: Why? The Million $$ Question

Yea dead on Carrie.

You don't even make sense.