Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Euston Station, London

I'm thinking of going to the meet. I've looked around and all the trains from my area to London end their journeys at Euston Station. Now, my problem is I'm looking for a place to stay for two nights on the 7th and 8th January 2005. (I have to arrive the day before the meet because there's simply no practical way I could come and go on the same day) I'm also considering bringing a friend, who happens to be a member of this site too. Do any of you know of any decent (i.e. not too expensive) hotels that aren't too far from the station?

I don't want to go too far away as I've never been to London before and am dreading the prospect that I might end up lost. And finally, I am aware that this thread should ideally be in the Travel section, but I need a reply before this time next week.

Thank you.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
  • Options
    The youth hostel in Hampstead or Finchley (I forget which) is supposedly quite good. And it's not far on the tube from Euston.
  • Options
    Thank you very much for your help, GWST & Kermit. Oh and now, BritJames.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames
    How much are you looking to spend on accomodation each? ... as I assume you will be staying Friday night and Saturday night only?Actually, give me combined. Are willing to share your room with this person?
    I don't know for certain yet if I will be sharing with this person. I've made an offer for her, but I haven't heard back yet. I want something decent yet not too expensive. I don't know exactly how much I want to spend. All I want really is a place to sleep on the Friday and Saturday nights. I'll be leaving come the Sunday. I'm willing to share in the sense of two single beds, but I draw the line there. I'm willing to share a room, but not a bed.
  • Options
    I stayed at the generator hostel when i went to london, i had to catch a few trains to get to euston, but it wasnt expensive an the hostel was cheap an clean if that helps
  • Options
    Yes, a bed is what I meant by a "room".
    £50 for both nights?
    Cheaper?
    I'm willing to spend a little more than that. I have more money than I did when I last spoke to you about it. I'm sorry I can't be more specific, as I've never been to London before and have no idea what it costs to stay in hotels.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Foxxy_Cymru
    I stayed at the generator hostel when i went to london, i had to catch a few trains to get to euston, but it wasnt expensive an the hostel was cheap an clean if that helps.
    Amazingly, I've managed to get two direct trains from Bangor to London and back again.
  • Options
    I doubt you actually want a hotel, more a B&B / Hostel.
    Hotels are way overpriced. but if we know your limits, that'd be easier.
    Yeah, a hostel is probably more appropriate. As for limits, I'm having to pay for accommodation and for food costs. Oh yes, and maybe a few taxis as I don't know the area. My budget is in total around £300, it would seem. Which probably isn't enough. :(

EDIT: Don't know the exact budget, as I've got to count up what's in the bank and what I've got at home.
  • Options
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    Amazingly, I've managed to get two direct trains from Bangor to London and back again.

It's not that amazing, there's three or four a day.

Enjopy the tiny crappy Voyagers.
  • Options
    That's more than enough. Unless you are planning on doing lots touristy things and eating at Jamie Olivers Restaurant etc :p

hmm, just to find you somewhere to stay now then ... :chin: a lovenest eh? somewhere warm, cosy and with a big bouncy bed? :p
    £300 technically covers me and a little of my guest. (in theory) She'll probably pay some expenses herself, she's very insistent when it comes to money on paying her way. I don't intend to go to Jamie Oliver's restaurant and I don't intend to go round doing "touristy things". All I want is to meet some of you and to look at a bit of the city at the same time. As for a tube, I'll have to take advantage of that.

But as for a lovenest, the person I want to bring is female, yes, but I don't intend to jump into bed with her! :o Unless.... no, never mind!
  • Options
    Bribe a student for their room, there's lots of halls round there!

(I'm joking, tho it might work)
  • Options
    well i went down on a trip, fair enough it was with 20 other people, but got two nights stay and meals and travel passes etc for £120 which includes my train costs

then i spent like another £50
  • Options
    (you'll have a travelcard which will cost around £5 per day - this will get you on tubes / buses)
    ya know what? on public transport in london, no matter where you go, it always ends up being about a fiver - tis odd.
  • Options
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    ya know what? on public transport in london, no matter where you go, it always ends up being about a fiver - tis odd.
    Thank goodness for that. At least I'll have an idea how much it will cost. I'm looking forward to this one! But can someone tell me about the colour-coded system? I believe they use something called that in London, what is it?
  • Options
    tube map
    which i think means you have to go one stop east from euston then take either the hammersmith and city line or the circle line or the metropolitan line west til you get to baker street but hey you can work it out!