Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Break-up of families costs £30bn each year

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    What do you mean by "natural"? The whole point I'm trying to make here is that you cannot divorce anything from the social context. The term "natural" implies some kind of purity, some kind of original state, devoid of any influence from society, culture, politics etc. It's a meaningless term in this context.

i know it's meaningless in this context, thats why i said womens roles have adapted to it's social context, can you prove or disprove in that case that women, from the begining of time had the role to take care of children, no, then the point is valid, it is a mystery indeed.
  • Options
    No we can't know what women's roles were in societies millions of years ago. So its a moot point isn't it?
  • Options
    No we can't know what women's roles were in societies millions of years ago. So its a moot point isn't it?

it's probably irrelevant but intriguing is it not, we need to know the roles of the past to understand the roles of the present and to shape and mould the roles of the future. they're all interlinked.
  • Options
    Yes these things are relevent in the overall scheme of things. But in the context of apollo_69's confused ramblings, the social meaning is all important.
  • Options
    Originally posted by apollo_69
    so if you think everything is going fine and dandy then what would you say is the cause of high divorce rates, which has also coincidentally risen in the last 50 years?.........men and women are clearly not understanding each other better, if you can't see that you really are deluded....

Doesn't mean that society is worse, see if the couples who otherwise would be divorced were together there would still be problems, just hidden problems. It's not as simple as black and white, but to be honest I'd rather divorce an abusive husband, or get away from a relationship that made me unhappy than be stuck in one.

You don't appear to know very much about feminism, or be looking at this more logically? No offense....

So, divorce statistics signify that men and women understand each other less now than they used to? Is this because feminists encourage women to work?

Shock horror! The terrible terrible thought of women having the same rights as men!
  • Options
    i believe in the semantics of feminism but i do believe that it is used as a tool by some women to make men feel inferior.
  • Options
    You're a fucking knob.
    More intelligent debate from Blagsta.
  • Options
    Originally posted by stargalaxy

to be honets there are times when intelligent debate requires not comments like that, but unintelligent comments to get points accross

people read too far into things these days, sometimes it is the simple things that help the bigger things get noticed
  • Options
    Originally posted by stargalaxy

If you really think that apollo_69's comment about communists inventing political correctness (actually far more of a left Liberal thing than a communist thing, in fact nothing to do with communism in any shape or form) is worthy of debate, then you're a fucking knob too.