Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

sickness cures

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im getting bad queezyness/sickness atm, ive got travel sicky band things, which are helping, but they are annoying me lol.
Anyone know any other good things to help sickness apart from them and ginger?
Any help is much appreciated. Thanks :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Eating little & often, plenty of water.
    Originally posted by Tweety
    plenty of water.

:yes: am doing that.
    I made a couple of threads about this a week or so ago.. I wouldn't risk saying I'm over it just yet but I've been feeling okay for since Xmas Eve and I mainly put that down to eating more-or-less constantly for three days solid.

So, yeah, I'd say eat little and often. I was never actually sick, just felt it, so I ate whatever I fancied - chocolate brownies never did me any harm! Dig into the Quality Streets, that'll sort you out! :)

BTW, pregnancy test came back negative last Tuesday, just in case anyone decided to question that.
    Originally posted by Crystal Tipps
    Dig into the Quality Streets, that'll sort you out! :) [/SIZE]

ugh, the thought of chocolate makes me feel worse lol.
    Thanks tho!
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    ugh, the thought of chocolate makes me feel worse lol.
    Thanks tho!

I was like that but, honestly, it made me feel better. I could hardly bear the thought of putting anything (foodlike!!) in my mouth, but I did feel better for it about ten minutes later :)
    Ginger is supposed to be very good for nausea/sickness - it's recommended to many expectant mothers with morning sickness. Ginger beer, ginger biscuits, ginger tea etc.
    I've heard that freshly made pear and peach juice is good
    anything with peppermint oil in is good. i swear by those little extra strong mints you get in tiny tubes.

and when i was in india, their cure for sickness was cold water with fresh lime juice squeezed in, and hot sugar if it was too tangy for you. don't know the logic behind that one, and i'm not sure if it even worked, but it tasted nice ;)
    Also, peppermint oil is good if you put some on a tissue and inhale it. Same goes for ginger or lavender oil.

Find whatever you CAN manage to eat and eat that, don't worry about trying to eat other stuff until this has passed.

The carbonated drinks thing is true, but you need to let them go a bit flat, that is better as the c2o can irritate your stomach.