Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

lost my job

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
well the title says it all really i had just started this job and was there four days and then had too take a while off as i have chrons disease and now i phone up today too say im still unwell and there like we're gonan have to let you

more a rant than anythign as now im fucked for christmas as i have nae money at all really

grrrrr damn chrons disease:mad:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: lost my job
    Originally posted by rossco
    well the title says it all really i had just started this job and was there four days and then had too take a while off as i have chrons disease and now i phone up today too say im still unwell and there like we're gonan have to let you

more a rant than anythign as now im fucked for christmas as i have nae money at all really

grrrrr damn chrons disease:mad:

Aww I'm really sorry to hear that :( did you tell them about it when you were applying for the job? You might find some places more accommodating than others, as long as you let them know during the application process.

I hope you find a new job soon :)
    this doesnt mean to sound insensitive but i dont know what that disease is

its ok if you dont want to talk about it, but i have heard about it before, but i dont know what it is, and was wondering rather than people go about the web and find snippets of information, would you be willing to educate people around here, with a point of view of someone who has and stilldoes suffer from it
    yeah i told em about it in my application and let them know everyday how i was feeling that day and they seemed to be ok but today was jut liek ok we cant employ you anymore so that was that but fingers crossed i can have something lined up by the time im better

its a stange disease mrg as in i can be absolutley fine for months even years then it jsut strikes it a disease of the colon and it inflames it and causes severe paiin alike too stomach cramps ive been told by doctors also it a bit of a visious circle as when i get it it stresses me out and stress can also lead to it gettin worse so its a pain in the ass i dont have the worst version of it but have nearly had a part of my colon removed because of it it jsut pisses me off as i had been feelign well for roughly six months and then i start a new job and then bang its more the unpredicatability of that pisses me off the most but also the pain i shall have a look on the net for better explanation of it as i am not very good at explainign things and shall psot it later

and na mrg it didnt seem insensitive
    ah well that didnt take too long too find

here ya go crohns disease

wouldnt say it was nice to know, but at least i can understand what you are going through, not through personal experience though, just what you have told me
    Originally posted by rossco
    yeah i told em about it in my application and let them know everyday how i was feeling that day and they seemed to be ok but today was jut liek ok we cant employ you anymore so that was that but fingers crossed i can have something lined up by the time im better?

That sounds really unfair of them! I'd be so pissed off if I were in your shoes! Are you getting redundancy pay or anything like that
    nope no redundancy pay no anything

i had only jsut started but it still sucks

i may have a look into a severence package as it dont seem too fair too me
    :rolleyes:
    New workers have no rights and no right to any severance pay. It happened to my sister once and I checked with ACAS.
    How sucky :( good luck with jobhunting and have a good Xmas + New year.
    cheers hunnypot hopefuly will have something after christmas if im better

im yet too see if i need surgery on me yet or not though so yeah hopefully all will be good
    isn't is disablity discriminination... sacking you?
    Not if he's unfit to do the job he was employed to do, which clearly he is at the minute. Still sucks mind.