Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Love

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Why does love hurt ? :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Because it wasn't love then. It was just unrequited love, or something.

I'm a firm believer you'll know utter, desperate love when someone's willing to completely reciprocate it to you. Not when it's one sided, because then it's infatuation.
    Because you're human.
    :(

i think its love
    because it can be a double edged sword
    Re: Love
    Originally posted by Richeh
    Why does love hurt ? :(

because someone forgot to put the child safety top on the bottle that is life
    Originally posted by girlinthecurl
    because its one of the strongest emotions ever

Its not one i find easy to understand or take
    its overwhelming when its given back

and overwhelming when it unrequited
    if love didnt hurt, we wouldn't apreciate the good times so much...
    I need some advice now. I dont seem to be able to cope well with my emotions when it comes to love. I let stuff get me down, on top of not feeling all that great anyway. How do i stop letting my feelings get the better of me.
    I'm becoming such a jealous person, i hate myself for it :(
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I'm becoming such a jealous person, i hate myself for it :(
    Only solution I've found to that (and what you said above) is to just start ignoring it. When you aren't taking part in a race you have no reason to be jealous of the ones who win.
    I need some advice now. I dont seem to be able to cope well with my emotions when it comes to love. I let stuff get me down, on top of not feeling all that great anyway. How do i stop letting my feelings get the better of me.

i feel the same, i just regret a load of wrongs i could have made right and think of what could have been, sort of wrecks my head, as replicant says, just think of the good times and try and move on, there's plenty of fish in the sea ;)
    I've had the same problem as you. Not being able to let people in or believe that they love me. Ive also had a major problem with jealousy too.

I think it all boils down to not liking yourself or believing anyone could like you.

What exactly is wrong at the mo?

Phoenix
    Originally posted by Rainbow Phoenix
    I've had the same problem as you. Not being able to let people in or believe that they love me. Ive also had a major problem with jealousy too.

I think it all boils down to not liking yourself or believing anyone could like you.

Phoenix
    I think it all boils down to not liking yourself or believing anyone could like you

yeah thats how i feel and have always felt.

I'm just being stupid i guess is what it comes down to. Anothe rcase of a one way thing most likely :(
    Everyone always says theres someone out their for you somewhere, but when you've felt rejection a few times you give up thinking that anything will ever happen, and thats how i feel. I tried to stop myself from falling for anyone else after the last time, long story, but i got tripped up again and did just this and fell for someone. I've put it into context in my head but the feelings are always in the back of my mind.

Thats pretty much me their, never believed in myself, never believed anyone could like me, ther will always be something that will make me think this
    but i got tripped up again and did just this and fell for someone. I've put it into context in my head but the feelings are always in the back of my mind.

i've been like this for a good few months now and there's nothin you can do about it
    I'm starting to realise this again. I guess its the old adage of in time it will get easier.
    I'm starting to realise this again. I guess its the old adage of in time it will get easier.

it'll get easier yea but even the thought of the girl will bring you into endless amounts of thinking and hoping and wondering and all that shit.
    True but i guess its liek mind over matter, just have to remember at the end of the day it aint gunna happen and all that