Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

my nan

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my nan is quite old i think shes about 70 anyways recently shes been talkign to herself or talking to people she thinks are there but actually aren't for example today she was apparently shouting at my brother to get out of the living room when he wasnt even at the house and over christmas she had an arguement wiv my aunt but my aunt wasnt even there. another example of her odd behaviour is my dad came round today at 5 o clock and my nan said "u cant go out this early in the morning". does anyone know what is happening to her?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    its sad, but is there any history of dementia in your family? 70s not really old for a woman so it might not be that, it could be some other mental health problem, or maybe shes just going a bit scatty in her old age? Its hard to say.
    What does your mum say about the situation? Have you talked to her about it?
    its my dads mum and he sed that it could be dementia as far as im aware though there isnt a family history of it i was just worrying becuase isnt dementia when people lose there memory and forget who people are
    Originally posted by PRETTYgreenEYES
    its my dads mum and he sed that it could be dementia as far as im aware though there isnt a family history of it i was just worrying becuase isnt dementia when people lose there memory and forget who people are
    it can be but as with everything there is varying levels and stages of it. Of course if it is dementia then there is the possibility that she could forget people, which would be scary for her as well as for you. I hope everything is ok though. It cant be easy.