Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

racist girlfriend

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey all.

this is my first post here, and im wondering if you could give me some advice!
ive been going out with my girlfriend simone for several weeks now. she's really racist, and im certainly not racist. i hate racist scum, i think they should be burned in acid, but theres just something about her which captivates me.

She went out an bought a pvc nazi uniform yesterday, she said to spice things up, i was really shocked, shes always talking about hitler and calling people "******". its disgusting. she kinda disgusts me herself. she loves herself really badly, she spends so long looking in the mirror and asking me to tell her how sexy her lips are. :eek2:

I dunno but i think i need some advice on what to do.

i dont want to dump her, but theres just so many things about her which disgust me.

Comments

• Options
    Re: racist girlfriend

I think you must tell her what you don't like. You can't make her change her views but maybe she can control them a little. Make your feelings clear, she probably thinks you like those kind of things too. This is most unacceptable behaviour though.
  • Options
    I think you must show her that the people she doesn't like are not bad at all...

my bf is a little bit racist too, but things that happened in his life that make him act that way... but he doesn't call "******" to anyone in front of me...

Good luck!
  • Options
    well, my first reaction was going to say dump the wierd bitch, but then i saw that you didnt wana leave her! You have to talk to her about this+explain how much it angers/upsets you! It isnt even like she's saying little comments, its her dressing up that is the worst i think!
    If she's so racist and full of herself, you may end up being better off if you ended the relationship!
    SBG
  • Options
    You both sound incredibly immature. Maybe you're made for eachother.
  • Options
    Sounds like you dislike more about her than you like about her...

On a side note though, a PVC nazi uniform sounds kinda kinky...if you disregrd the racist undertones that is....

Peace
  • Options
    I'm sorry, but... this girl sounds... how should I put it... just... not very nice, to put it mildly. Obviously if you like her so much, then it's your decision as to whether you stay with her or not, despite her faults. But it's from my experience that when you meet people like this - who have such views, which are often very stubborn views (especially considering the fact that she seems to be going out of her way to rub this racism in your face, what with the uniform (why not a policewoman uniform or something?!)) - these people are unlikely to change themselves at the click of another's finger.

I'd recommend that you talk to her about it and try to find out what her problems are (that's assuming she actually has one - she might just be racist, plain and simple! I've never met anyone like that, and I was in a mixed-race relationship for two years), and see if she wouldn't mind cooling it down a little. Then when she's not being so vulgar, you'll be given a proper chance to analyse the relationship and discover whether or not there's anything there you'd want to save.
  • Options
    Re: racist girlfriend
    Originally posted by dashing_prince
    hey all.

this is my first post here, and im wondering if you could give me some advice!
    ive been going out with my girlfriend simone for several weeks now. she's really racist, and im certainly not racist. i hate racist scum, i think they should be burned in acid, but theres just something about her which captivates me.

She went out an bought a pvc nazi uniform yesterday, she said to spice things up, i was really shocked, shes always talking about hitler and calling people "******". its disgusting. she kinda disgusts me herself. she loves herself really badly, she spends so long looking in the mirror and asking me to tell her how sexy her lips are. :eek2:

I dunno but i think i need some advice on what to do.

i dont want to dump her, but theres just so many things about her which disgust me.

other than the pvc outift which is rather sexy :rolleyes: she is racist scum and i doubt theres little u can do other than to stick with her and try and change her or split up with her

id suggest regular mild hints to get her less extreme
  • Options
    Is this a joke?

How can anyone who isn't racist go out with such as extremist?
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Is this a joke?

How can anyone who isn't racist go out with such as extremist?

you can try to moderate her views....
  • Options
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    you can try to moderate her views....

He could ask her not to express them when he is around, but if she holds these views so vehemently she is unlikely to do this. However, lets imagine she curbs her enthusiasm... what then? He'd still know she held those beliefs. He'd be scared to let her meet those with strongly held anti-racist views, or anyone of another colour that he knew. There'd be times it would 'slip out' in something she said. She'd pass her values on to her children. The list is endless, and at the end of the day I don't believe that someone who claims to be non-racist would stand for it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    He could ask her not to express them when he is around, but if she holds these views so vehemently she is unlikely to do this. However, lets imagine she curbs her enthusiasm... what then? He'd still know she held those beliefs. He'd be scared to let her meet those with strongly held anti-racist views, or anyone of another colour that he knew. There'd be times it would 'slip out' in something she said. She'd pass her values on to her children. The list is endless, and at the end of the day I don't believe that someone who claims to be non-racist would stand for it.

yeh i get what youre saying, you cant just leave these people alone though, cause theyd wander off into definetly the wrong crowd, even if he just stayed mates with her or something

my sisters particulary racist, like she really is, its dispicable, and my mums dont mind groups of people as long as long as they respect the laws of the land, and dont try to change it to their own

well youve seen what im like im strongly against racism in its many forms

from one combination of family you can have many results you know

however in response to this guys question, if it really puts him off her, he should properly talk to her sometime, and if she really dont respect his views, she can sod off