Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Flat mates

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
OK I think just about everyone now has finished their first term of uni (I obviously mean the first year undergraduates!). How is everyone getting along with their flat mates?

Personally I am on a mixed floor and am one of 14. I really do not like the vast majority of my floor. I am studying for an engineering degree and the majority of my floor are art students doing less than 10 hours a week on a first year that doesn't count wheras mine does.

They seem incapable of any deceny and find it great fun to wake up the few students on the floor including me that go to bed at like midnight so as to get up in the morning.

I must admit their are 3 really good friends I have made on my floor but the rest of them I hate and I know they are affecting my degree. I am dreading coming back after christmas.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I live with 4 others. Well, I'm supposed to, anyway.

One of them is never here, because his friend now lives with his girlfriend in another hall, so he lives in his friends room.

One is at home nearly all the time, so I hardly see her.

One has his music loud most of the time, and has a random other chap living with him.

The other one is lovely.

I get on well with all of them, but its awkward, because Loud Music and Going Home A Lot hate each other :(
    i get on quite well with my flat mates.i live with 5 others, some of them act as if they have never stepped out their house before and have no idea how to live on their own!but they have good intentions!!!
    I didn't mind 4 of my 5 flatmates, but 2 were foreign and one was a postgrad. The other one I liked but didn't wanna live with again. I ended up living with my boyfriend, a friend from my course and her housemate. Essentially me and my boyfriend live alone cos the other 2 are never here.
    My corridor at uni are mostly boring and dont go out. Tbh I moved in late coming from another hall and i dont think ive been accepted that well. I cant get to other corridors because they all have to have their own key.

Im so worried about finding people to share a flat with next year :(
    Originally posted by Renzo

Im so worried about finding people to share a flat with next year :(

Me too :( So far I have me and my fiancee. Thats it. And i have to find a flat this month really if I want a decent one-weve been looking for a place for just us, but it looks like its going to be too expensive.
    I'm on a corridor of about 11 or 12. 2 people don't associate with us too much but like to have rowdy parties in the sitting room. One won't be coming back to live in halls since he set fire to the kitchen noticeboard on last day of term. :rolleyes: Another is our age, but acts middle aged. All the rest of the people I get on really well with! We're meant to look into houses/accomm for next year when we get back, so we'll see if it causes arguments (hopefully not). I can't wait to go back; I only have a week left at home. Too much chocolate lying around which just asks to be eaten lol. Sorry to hear some people don't like their hallmates. You may get back and it won't be as bad as you think? I think everyone was really overwhelmed in our first term, trying to sort their lives out, like time and money organising etc.