Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Requiem for a dream

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Looking for opinions from anyone who has seen this film. I havent and dont know anyone who has seen it.

Just want to know what its like etc.

Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I've seen it. I quite liked it.
    It's funny at parts, thought mostly serious. The story seems realistic enough (though I wouldn't know for completely) and actually did manage to scare me (not that I needed it).
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    thought it was class. has a crazzy end sequence as well. definitley worth watching.
    Cheers :D Might just get it then
    wikid film, definately worth watching!

do not ever ever watch it when on or coming down from drugs though if you do them.
    its a really cool film, a bit depressing, but its ace. Oh and its very graphic in parts, u might wanna hide, lol
    Most depressing film I've ever seen.

Watched it when I was going through a pretty awful time in my life and it just made me cry and feel even worse.

It does have the lovely Jared Leto in it tho which is a plus ;)
    the cinematography is brilliant, but my god it's a headfuck.

i was exhausted afterwards. worth a watch though.
    Brilliant film, but yes, a headfuck. I watched it alone in halls, not the best of ideas, some scenes are very disturbing
    I thought it was pretty good. It put me in weird mood the rest of the day....

I've done my good share of heroin but I have never/will never get to the point where my arm looks as bad as the main guy's arm.
    Its one of the best films I've ever seen, but I never want to see it again. I saw it at a showing without about 15-20 other people, and everyone left open-mouthed, not saying a word really. Some of the scenes were very disturbing.
    The most brutal and the most beautiful film i have ever seen....absolutely amazing, but if you have any emotions, it will make your soul feel cold at some points.

This film should have come with a warning about its intensity.

Peace
    what's it about?
    It's about four people who have dreams and desires to make their lives better. They all end up drug addicts and you watch as their lives -- and dreams -- begin to shatter.
    Originally posted by Pretty Hate Machine
    It's about four people who have dreams and desires to make their lives better. They all end up drug addicts and you watch as their lives -- and dreams -- begin to shatter.

...and so much more...read the book by Hubert Selby Jr.

Peace
    A great film. Watched it alone and felt well weird once it finished. One of the best films I've seen.