Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Condom ripped during Sex, NEED ADVICE

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So I was having sex last night with my girlfriend and I hear this popping noise after about three minutes. It turns out that the condom I was wearing ripped at the tip and pushed itself about halfway down my penis. I pulled out immediately.

My concern is whether or not I should worry about pregnancy. I definetely wasn't anywhere close to orgasm and I don't think there was really much semen trapped in the tip of the condom, but I can't really be sure of how much was up there or if it came out or not when the condom ripped.

She thinks that her period is going to be this monday, so I know the chances of pregnancy are considerably less when it happens within five days of a girls period.

My question is whether or not we should look into getting a morning after pill for her. I think the chances of something happening are pretty low, but having to get an abortion would be a pretty dramatic thing. Am I being paranoid here? Should I just not worry about it?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    if you are at all unsure, then get the pill. you can get it free anyway.
    yeah, id get the morning after pill, just to make sure, but i agree with you that there probably wasnt anything in the end of it!
    it does happen sometimes, just be glad u noticed it b4 you came, and well done for using condoms in the first place :thumb: (not trying to be patronising, but alot of people dont)
    SBG
    Originally posted by spongebobsgirl
    yeah, id get the morning after pill, just to make sure, but i agree with you that there probably wasnt anything in the end of it!
    it does happen sometimes, just be glad u noticed it b4 you came, and well done for using condoms in the first place :thumb: (not trying to be patronising, but alot of people dont)
    SBG

Yeah. Here is the problem. From what I can tell, the only way to get the morning after pill around here is by going through planned parenthood. You have to have a recommendation from a doctor before you get it. It costs about $50-70 when all is said and done. AND all locations are closed today, tomorrow, and sunday for the holiday. So what can I do??
    Could you get one from a hospital? Hospitals are always open, and I do believe there must be some sort of a clinic there where you could get it for free? Most pills only work up to 76 hours after sex... so if you're worried, I'd go to the hospital - it's at least worth a check. Good luck.
    Originally posted by pcgMG
    Yeah. Here is the problem. From what I can tell, the only way to get the morning after pill around here is by going through planned parenthood. You have to have a recommendation from a doctor before you get it. It costs about $50-70 when all is said and done. AND all locations are closed today, tomorrow, and sunday for the holiday. So what can I do??

Where are you exactly?
    from the fact that the guy mentioned dollars, i'm guessing he's an americana nd thus availability of the morning after pill is a lot less.
    Re: Condom ripped during Sex, NEED ADVICE
    Originally posted by pcgMG
    so I know the chances of pregnancy are considerably less when it happens within five days of a girls period.

sorry but thats complete bollocks!!! dont take any risks
    Originally posted by MoonArcanum
    Where are you exactly?

Portland, OR, USA

This is a shitty situation. I honestly don't think there is much to worry about because i heard a popping noise and immediately pulled out plus she is near her period.

I just don't know what there is to do about it. If for some reason the worst happened, how dramatic is it to get an abortion extremely early on?
    i just hope if your thinking about abortions then your parents didnt vote for bush
    Originally posted by girlinthecurl
    if planned parenthood is closed, you next safest bet would be the vons pharmacy, or ralphs. im pretty sure they have those in oregon? go to the biggest grocery store pharmacy if not, they will most likely have it. if you need to result to abortion (in extreme cases) they have a whole informational packet at planned parenthood... good luck

Thanks for your reply. We have ralphs and vons down in california where I go to school, but not up here. I would assume that rite-aide would do it though? I'm under the impression that you need some sort of prescription for the medication? Or is there some sort of consumer product available?
    i'd go into the pharmacy and ask about it, then if they can give it to you without a prescription they can. but if not they can tell you how you can get it