Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

if you could stop violent crime

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/if/4067059.stm

by takin people with a violent predisposition off the street, would you allow it

i say no, its one too many steps step too far

and anti social behavoiur to some constitutes just hanging round on streets, which kids have done for generations

Comments

• Options
    A step too far but if things like this could be prevented I support it.

An innocent shopkeeper stabbed to death for 2 bottles of alcohol. Very, very sad. Those responsible deserve to be hanged.
  • Options
    Re: if you could stop violent crime
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/if/4067059.stm

by takin people with a violent predisposition off the street, would you allow it

i say no, its one too many steps step too far

and anti social behavoiur to some constitutes just hanging round on streets, which kids have done for generations
    the world is becoming very scary indeed! it's not the violent people i fear but these fucking control freaks with their social engineering ideas.
  • Options
    Re: Re: if you could stop violent crime
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    the world is becoming very scary indeed! it's not the violent people i fear but these fucking control freaks with their social engineering ideas.

this show springs to mind

"i am not a number i am a free man"

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/dvd/B00004U8MR/customer-reviews/ref=ase_retrowebcom/ref=cm_cr_dp_2_1/202-2574185-2145465
    brilliant stuff

i want it :(
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: if you could stop violent crime
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    this show springs to mind

"i am not a number i am a free man"

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/dvd/B00004U8MR/customer-reviews/ref=ase_retrowebcom/ref=cm_cr_dp_2_1/202-2574185-2145465
    brilliant stuff

i want it :(
    yes i grew up watching that and the village where it was all filmed ...port meirion is here in north wales ...yes it's a real place and so are all those amazing buildings.
    back to topic ...how long before they remove ME ...cos i fancy a smoke or disagree with them?
    we seem to be heading for the geneticaly altered silcone reshaped electronicaly advanced humanoid ...a society with no problems and even less charm and beauty.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: if you could stop violent crime
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    yes i grew up watching that and the village where it was all filmed ...port meirion is here in north wales ...yes it's a real place and so are all those amazing buildings.
    back to topic ...how long before they remove ME ...cos i fancy a smoke or disagree with them?
    we seem to be heading for the geneticaly altered silcone reshaped electronicaly advanced humanoid ...a society with no problems and even less charm and beauty.

films like equilibrium sum it up i think
  • Options
    I watched that.

The 2 people against it, that Liberty woman and the pyschologist with the ridiculous turtle neck. They're obviously from the more well heeled parts of society.
    It's all well and good preaching civil liberties (she thinks that even if the science was 100% perfect we should wait for the crime to happen) when you live in a nice area, but you take a different slant on things when you live and work somewhere where hiding a bat down your trouser leg or throwing bricks at bus windows is a common thing.

Stupid, sad, idiotic "know it alls" who know nothing about how people are really living.
  • Options
    copbust2eb.gif
  • Options
    No, this is a bit too far.

People not even being allowed to live their life and find our things for themselves without the government interefering in their matters.

This 'protective' shit is going too far.

Fight the war against crime!.><:o
  • Options
    Originally posted by Whowhere
    I watched that.

The 2 people against it, that Liberty woman and the pyschologist with the ridiculous turtle neck. They're obviously from the more well heeled parts of society.
    It's all well and good preaching civil liberties (she thinks that even if the science was 100% perfect we should wait for the crime to happen) when you live in a nice area, but you take a different slant on things when you live and work somewhere where hiding a bat down your trouser leg or throwing bricks at bus windows is a common thing.

Stupid, sad, idiotic "know it alls" who know nothing about how people are really living.

heres a reason why police cant just do anything, its called abuse of power and the fact most free(er) countries have had to fight for it since repressive laws have been in place to stop it....

when people get nieve again repressive laws come in under the guise of crime prevention until people fall into a police state again, and then its fought until its won

and the cycle repeats

guess where we are in it
  • Options
    I agreed with some of what she was saying, but I think the scientists argument was pretty good.

If you knew, genetically or pyschologically who had the higher potential of being violent, being a rapist e.t.c. as a child would you stand back and wait for them to potentially murder someone, or would you intervene?

I'm not talking about throwing them in prison like in Minority Report, I'm talking about providing them with an education that suits their needs and monitoring them from an early age with a view to correcting their behaviour.

Stuff the monetary cost, if it prevents a 15 year old girl from being raped, or an elderley shop keeper being murdered, 20 years from now than it will be classed as a success, IMHO.

The woman, in my opinion had lost the plot. She doesn't live with the problems so she can sit up there in her ivory tower and preach to the masses.