Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What is the best method.......

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
What is the best method to use when applying to uni, (1) ucas (2) direct application?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    UCAS. As they do all the running work.
  • Options
    Is direct application a bad idea then? Just that I only want to go to one uni and its just down the road from my college which saves posting things etc.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by ~kaz~
    Is direct application a bad idea then? Just that I only want to go to one uni and its just down the road from my college which saves posting things etc.

Perhaps you might be best speaking to the uni themselves asking how the process is etc?
  • Options
    Might do. I just thought that perhaps it would be easier.
  • Options
    The only way you can apply to a university for an undergraduate course is through UCAS.
  • Options
    If you only apply for one course int he university you pay a fiver for the form, as opposed to the usual 15 quid. (Im not sure if that's what you meant though)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    The only way you can apply to a university for an undergraduate course is through UCAS.

I spoke to the univiersity and they said doing it directly is ok. I am going from my HND at college straight into 3rd and the course I am applying for is designed for HND students.