Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

ronaldhino wins player of the year

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
not surprisingly too me really the mans been on fire and has basically lifted the whole barca team anyone disagree with the vote?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Paolo Vanoli :lol:
    Yeah, great player!

He did deserve it! I read today in the Sun that if Roman Abramivich wanted to buy him it would cost him 110million because of release clauses etc...

I also read that he's maybe putting a 45.7million bid in for Z.Zidane! Thats ridiculas for a 32 year old run down midfielder whos nearly had it with football... :rolleyes:
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    Paolo Vanoli :lol:

legend bri legend
    Originally posted by *MadinthenuT*
    I also read that he's maybe putting a 45.7million bid in for Z.Zidane! Thats ridiculas for a 32 year old run down midfielder whos nearly had it with football... :rolleyes:

If Chelsea had bought ever player they'd been "linked" with, then they'd have a 146-man squad.
    Ronaldinho is the deserved winner. Alot of people thought 'why not Henry' but he was virtually anonymous for his country and for Arsenal in the champions league all year. Henry is undoubtedly the best player in England but not the world.

Chelsea are a joke. I really hope they don't sign Ronaldinho. As a club they haven't done the hard yards to get to where they are and would be so undeserving of a player of such talent. It would also prevent me from enjoying watching Spanish football and the Catalan revolution.

I really hope uefa bring in the 4 home grown players rule (or whatever) so Chelsea and other 'Sugar Daddy' clubs can't get away with this shit.

Does anyone know any more about this rule? My knowledge on it isn't great but I remember hearing something on Eurosport news about 4 home grown players and something about feeder clubs?
    Any law that restricted the number of European players a club has will fall foul of EU law. That's a proven fact.

"Home grown" therefore doesn't need to mean British. The Arsenal kids such as Flamini and Fabregas would be "home grown", so would Robert Huth, John Terry, Cole and Forssell at Chelsea if memory serves me right, and so would the Italians and Americans such as Spector that Man United have.

Arsenal would probably benefit most from a "home-grown" rule; half their team is anyway.
    I found this on a site discussing the possible changes:

"Clubs would be limited to just 25 players - Four of these players MUST have come up through the academy ranks. A further four players must have been reared inside the same national association.

The Journal reported today that: Under the proposals, set to be agreed by Uefa's executive committee in Nyon today, there would be a transitional period starting next season building up to the full implementation in four years.

An example of how an English team could be affected, would be Arsenal, and 17-year-old Cesc Fabregas. Because he has not been at the club for three full years, the Spanish midfielder wouldn't be regarded as having been trained by the club."

It would seem Arsenal wouldn't be so well off and wasn't Flamini from Marseille as well? It seems the players actually have to come through the ranks, not just bought young and developed.

I'm not sure about Chelsea but John Terry is the obvious exception. Forssell and Cole would have to the recalled which would be amusing. The 'great' Chelsea recalling their old boys for help.

I don't think Arsenal would benefit most. It is undoubtedly Man Utd, who have brought many players through the academy or from feeder clubs (not including Leeds ;)) who would benefit from such a rule.