Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Myths and counter points to myths, PLEASE HELP ME!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey, just joined today, but I was curious Does anyone know of any myths related to drugs? Please, if you do post it as soon as possibe, I'm doing it for a homwork project.

THANKS!

Comments

• Options
    LSD does anything to your spinal fluid.

LSD drives you insane after X amounts

LSD stays in the body somehow and thats what flash backs are

Heroin and cocaine are in pills

Some forms of cannabis are dusted with cocaine or LSD

MDMA causes holes in your brain

Thats about all I can think of.
  • Options
    my ecstasy pill had heroin/rat poison/brick dust/glass/random substance* in it

* delete as appropriate

a really good source for information such as this is http://www.drugscope.org.uk/DS%20Media%20Project/mediaintro.htm
  • Options
    There was quite a lot of talk in Auz about ground glass in pills, with perhaps some basis.

It seemed to be too much hearsay evidence for it to be dismissed out right.

The basis of the arguement being that MDMA is very very expencive in Auz for one reason or another. So makers put a little glass in the pill, thus making very tiny cuts in the stomach wall and allowed for better absorbtion of the MDMA, making it seem stronger.

Though I'm not sure I believe it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    LSD does anything to your spinal fluid.

LSD drives you insane after X amounts

LSD stays in the body somehow and thats what flash backs are

Heroin and cocaine are in pills

Some forms of cannabis are dusted with cocaine or LSD

MDMA causes holes in your brain

Thats about all I can think of.

I've seen analysis of pills where cocaine has been found...doesn't make much sense financially for whoever produces them, but it's still documented to occasionally happen...pills can be anything.

LSD obviously is a favourite for insanity myths...everyone seems to have a friend who "has gone totally mad" through taking LSD...but to be honest, heavy pyschelics (mushies, lsd etc) can fuck your head up. Not quite in the "I CAN FLY" way, but still...
  • Options
    There was quite a lot of talk in Auz about ground glass in pills, with perhaps some basis.

The basis of the arguement being that MDMA is very very expencive in Auz for one reason or another. So makers put a little glass in the pill, thus making very tiny cuts in the stomach wall and allowed for better absorbtion of the MDMA, making it seem stronger.

Surely that would leave you in incredible pain as the gastric acids would be getting into the cuts in your stomach? And the glass would have to go all the way through the digestive system so it'd rip right through it.

Sounds like craziness to me.
  • Options

That story is absolutely outrageous. Sounds like something you'd read in the Sun.

Most of the pill is just broken down in the stomach by the gastric juices but absorption for the most part takes place in the small intestine.
  • Options
    There is a section on LSD myths here
    http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd.shtml
  • Options
    Originally posted by Spliffie
    I've seen analysis of pills where cocaine has been found...doesn't make much sense financially for whoever produces them, but it's still documented to occasionally happen...pills can be anything.

Yes, I've seen those too, but I point blank dont believe them at all.

As for the glass in pills thing, as I say I'm really not convinced but I've seen quite a lot of people reporting it on a couple of BB like this one. Obviously thats far from real proof.

It is possible though, if unlikely.
  • Options
    Hiya
    may be a bit late now but we have drug myths factsheet - here.

Good luck with your project!