Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Referances

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone know if an employer will be happy with only 1 referee. Its just that no one around here really knowws me enough to give a reference on me. I only have one, my old deputy manageress from my last place of work....

Need to know quickly because im filling out an application online to email off to somewhere

Cheers

Rich :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i'd put in a personal reference too.

i'm sure you have a friend or family friend who wouldn't mind? just to be on the safe side.
    hm just as well the online application didnt get sent to them i was only going to send it with one referee. Just need to find a suitable person ;)
    I used my current boss and my former form-tutor from school when I applied for my new job. I'd been with my job for 3 years and didn't think it was appropriate to put down my manager from a job I had for 4 months when I was 15...
    my first job no longer exists-I mean the company so even though I;m 23 I only have 1 reference to give but I give the main tutor from uni who deals with me-that way they know me in a good way that an employer will find useful-not just a friend or family member. perhaps you could ask a school or college tutor!
    Its been years since i left school i havent had contact with any teachers etc.. i'll just have to either ask my last manager or ask a family friend.