Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Jobs

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I work at an accountants in the payroll department. I send people money and have shitty thick arse people shout at me all day about how they need more money! Don't we all mate! The most depressing thing about it is that most of theses people earn about a grand a day and have the cheak to moan at me on 11 grand a year!

some people are so greedy and so bloody rude! :mad: as you can tell i love my job
    Originally posted by Kentish
    Have you got any amusing anecdotes of stupidity?
    I'm shattered at the moment, and too tired to think, but give the time to think I could think of plenty. I can certainly think of non amusing anecdotes of aggressiveness, nastiness, and abusiveness. :(
    im an adviser for a high street bank, tis like others customers can be a pain in the arse, some get really nasty about things when theres a lot of regulations in place we have to adhere to or we'd be closed down/sued etc, they also see you as some sort of servent, however you can get real gems that are really pleasant everytime they see you, also dont like the uniform, aint to stylish but looks smart. i wouldnt wanna do it all my life but im staying put until i decide what i do want to do. another perk is being able to go shopping in my lunch hour and a really cool manager
    I study for the honours bit of a degree. I'm not entirely sure why at the moment.
    Originally posted by bad seed
    I study for the honours bit of a degree. I'm not entirely sure why at the moment.

It'll come to you. About 15 years from now when you're not stacking shelves in Kwik Save for a living. ;)
    Originally posted by Miffy
    It'll come to you. About 15 years from now when you're not stacking shelves in Kwik Save for a living. ;)

Haha :D, I've got the ordinary degree somehow :crazyeyes , I'm just debating the importance of the extra bit.
    at the mo i work full time as a baker for sainsburys.
    The job would be managable if it wasnt for the piss poor so called management of the store and company.

i would never ever reccommend anybody work for them.

Im going to reapply to the police as soon as i have myself sorted out or on the right path at least.
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    I'm shattered at the moment, and too tired to think, but give the time to think I could think of plenty. I can certainly think of non amusing anecdotes of aggressiveness, nastiness, and abusiveness. :(

I quit my job as a cashier at a convenience store about ten months ago, and even now I get depressed just thinking about how horrid and abusive some customers were to me.

http://www.customerssuck.com

Right now I am a full-time Food Production Operative. I pack Couscous, operate machinery and do a bit of paperwork. It's alright actually, no customers and you don't have to use your brain all the time. I was an Office Administrator before and making all those figures balance drove me bananas! I've also done lots of cleaning work.

I've got a sideline selling my crap off cheap on the web, hoping I could turn it into a real mini-business and make a living from it. I don't want to work, my job's okay but I hate going somewhere I don't want to be, away from my loved ones 5 days of the week. I'm with GWST, I want to just raise a family. I'd like to run a little farm as well with lots of vegetables, fruit trees and some chickens running around.
    I work in Toy Dome at Freeport...it's GREAT :D

I work...erm...*counts* 14 hours (8 on Saturdays, 6 on Sundays). And my boss is uber cool, and is letting me have the Saturday before Christmas off...that be how cool he is :).

I also am doing the International Baccalaureate at Colchester Sixth Form College...which is much fun...yes. If much tiring :(
    I'm a student who spends her weekends hiding from customers in a huge toy shop.

I think you'd need an electronics degree to figure out some of the things kids have nowadays.
    I'm at college full time doing those A Level things. I also work in Morrisons cafe, doing anything between 12 and 120 hours a week, or so it feels like. The job is shit. The people I work with are fantastic, and some of the customers are wonderful, but generally they're horrible. They talk to you like shit, they expect us to be able to work miracles or something, and leave a mess when they go. It's stressful, draining and I'd even go so far as to say it's degrading.

However, I am reliably informed that after Christmas I will be moving departments - to the oven fresh counter! Can't wait. :D
    I work 35 hrs a week, 10-5.30 as a Pensions Administrator for a company thats owned by Halifax :)

Definately do not want to be doing it forever. In fact don't wanna be doing it next year! Moneys good though, it's just dull.
    Ive got a lot of time on my hands at the mo cos Im struggling to find a job. It really sucks. Since I left my boyfriend and moved back home Ive felt completely useless so Ive just been decorating my bedroom and looking for jobs! I would love to go back to college but Im not sure what I want to do :/

Thing is, Ive applied for lots of jobs and then they never get back to you. It takes the pee really cos I have lots of good qualities and nobodies interested :(
    I work in a tourist shop. Been part time for a while although I was fulltime-ish last summer.

I hate this part of the tourist industry and definitely don't want to work there in the future.

The pay is not bad though and in general I'm treated well, I just don't like how all they care about is milking tourists for all their worth.
    I work at Halfords on the bike department - I build/repair/sell bikes etc, i love it.

I'm at college which i hate, and am looking into apprenticeships since my financial advise one fell through last year. This time I'm looking into business management - Ferrari or Porsche if i'm lucky; I have a job at Mitsubushi if I want it :)

I'm off to Spain within two years to spend time with my best mate - I'll work the bars and try my hand at club reps etc.

Idealy i'll be super rich and own loads of businesses :)
    Originally posted by Smash
    I think you'd need an electronics degree to figure out some of the things kids have nowadays.

:yes: don't ya just :eek2:
    Originally posted by Miffy
    Ain't that the truth! I wish I'd done a degree many years ago. It would've opened doors. It doesn't matter what the degree is really, it's a qualification that shows you're up to a particular standard of education, and therefore know about useful things to employers such as researching and writing essays and reports.
    It helps.
    Wish I'd managed to do one now. :( Especially as I'm looking to get out of my job, and move, and considering almost any job - such as shelf stacking in Tescos. :(
    I am doing 3 A levels (Eng.Lit, Fr,Ger) and I work part-time, a sunday lunch shift in a pub kitchen. I love the job.The A levels, are, however killing me.
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    Ain't that the truth! I wish I'd done a degree many years ago. It would've opened doors. It doesn't matter what the degree is really, it's a qualification that shows you're up to a particular standard of education, and therefore know about useful things to employers such as researching and writing essays and reports.
    It helps.
    Wish I'd managed to do one now. :( Especially as I'm looking to get out of my job, and move, and considering almost any job - such as shelf stacking in Tescos. :(

Please understand I'm not saying there is anything wrong with stacking shelves, and I understand the pay isn't bad if you work nights.

But you know, it's never too late Mr W.
    Im studying A-levels at college. So I have a part time job at Tescos working on fruit and Veg.:rolleyes:

Working 40 hours every week in the summer had made me realise that im going to continue to work hard at college and uni and get a good job that actually uses my brain.
    I work 6:00 till 14:15 4 days during the week

and then 07:30 till 13:30 on saturdays

i work for BT doing weird things from the start of work till like 09:00, then i gets to use a computer
    Originally posted by Ilora-Danon
    I applied there, had an interview and she said she'd phone in a couple of days 'if she had gotten her act together', if not, she said.. 'I'll phone within the next week'.

I heard nothing. :rolleyes: :mad:

Ilora x

ETA: Job?? - I don't work. I have social anxiety which makes it extremely hard to work, so I'm a bum atm, until I get my anxiety sorted... lol.

When was that? I've not been in the one at home since September now-Oxford all the way.
    Originally posted by KinkyBoots
    Ive got a lot of time on my hands at the mo cos Im struggling to find a job. It really sucks. Since I left my boyfriend and moved back home Ive felt completely useless so Ive just been decorating my bedroom and looking for jobs! I would love to go back to college but Im not sure what I want to do :/

Thing is, Ive applied for lots of jobs and then they never get back to you. It takes the pee really cos I have lots of good qualities and nobodies interested :(
    Thats exactly what Ive just done, decorated my room I mean, coz Im jobless. What colours yours?
    Ive applied for everything, I mean If I could just get an interview Id be ok, Im sweet at talking to people.
    For every job theres millions of forms to fill in, and no churchhill dog to help.
    Ive applied for:
    Estate agent x3
    Postman x2
    Police officer x2
    Fireman
    Hod carrier x3
    Chef
    Domestic disturbance officer
    Track engineer (hasnt got back to me yet)
    security guard (also hasnt got back to me)
    So you cant say I havent tried.
    I went for an interview for a post person postion the other day, I thought it was for the royal mail; I ended up working in a firework factory for a day; 30miles away from where I should have been working. It was nuts, we ended up playing cricket with a firework box for stumps; while surrounded with millions of fire works. Some of the workers were smoking too!
    Go to a real estate office once a week after school, and clear up their kitchen - which consists of me throwing out their excess food (waste, I know) and put the service in the dishwasher. Then I get copying and franking tasks and so.
    Easy job, good pay, and it's on my way home from school either way. Plus I can take all the coke, mineral water and hot chocolate I want.

Though I am only staying there until the summer, as after that I am most probably moving to Britain :D

My dream was always to work as an air-hostess while studying, but to be honest I am too crap to work in jobs where I need to be servicing others. I am the one that needs servicing.

Once I am totally grown up, then I will work as a world dominator :)
    Originally posted by Jinx
    Thats exactly what Ive just done, decorated my room I mean, coz Im jobless. What colours yours?

Ive painted my walls a light yellowy colour which is really quite nice. Other parts of my room are dark green (carpet, blinds, ceiling). My walls used to be pink! :yuck: really bad combination!
    Originally posted by Xila
    I work at Halfords on the bike department

mr. kaff sends his condolences. ;)
    I work on the Pharmacy Department in Sainsburys. I'm a Dispensing assistant which basically involves dispensing prescriptions for folk, putting the orders away, dealing with customers and drinking tea. :p I do 3 days @ 8am till 5pm and one day @ 2pm till 10pm. I generally have a laugh when at work but we recently got a new manager and shes a right twat so I'm hunting for a new job, which is a shame.
    I haven't got a job right now but I did work in the office of a Health Centre doing filing 9-6 during the October week and up to last monday, 2 weeks 4-6 (same job). I applied for a PT job in the Hilton doing kitchen work/waiter. Im not looking forward to it but I need money or else Im out on my ear!

During the week Im at school doing 3 highers and 2 Int 2's
    I'm a full time student. I've recently got a part-time job (haven't started there yet) but I'm a receptionist at one of the Marie Stopes clinics in London.

Number of friends who have a problem with my job so far: 1
    I'm a student at Uni but I also work part-time at a recruitment agency doing general admin type work. I want to work in Human Resources once I've graduated and although I enjoy working for a recruitment agency at the moment it isn't the area of HR I want to end up in!