Home Student Life & Education
We've started our first discussion for our Christmas campaign which is focusing on religion or cultural beliefs that help you when you're feeling down. Some of the responses will be used anonymously on social media as a video. If you'd like to take part, head over to this thread.

Staying in Halls over Xmas

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
My cousin wants to stay in Halls over Xmas, I bet it's gonna be frigging lonely there but he wants the time to study

Anyone ever stayed alone in Halls over a holiday?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    From what ive heard its REALLY quiet. Everybody seems to dissapear some place, ive been on my own for a day or two before and its scarely quiet. What does he need to study for? Is he doing a really hard course? Maybe he dosen't want to go home??

Bopz
    Originally posted by Bopperz
    From what ive heard its REALLY quiet. Everybody seems to dissapear some place, ive been on my own for a day or two before and its scarely quiet. What does he need to study for? Is he doing a really hard course? Maybe he dosen't want to go home??

Bopz

Well he's only on a 1 year course of pre-med, so he don't wanna screw it up cos his parents are paying 3 times the normal rate for the course (not being an EU Student) - plus his home is onthe other side of the world but he could come stay with us if he wanted!
    Does that include christmas day? How lonely. I am not going home for very long, going christmas eve and returning the day after boxing day but then I live in a house and my boyfriend lives round here so I won't be alone. Last year I stayed in halls for two days on my own and it nearly drove me mad and I am not a person who needs lots of people, I spend a lot of time alone quite happily.
    Originally posted by Blah_ha
    Does that include christmas day? How lonely. I am not going home for very long, going christmas eve and returning the day after boxing day but then I live in a house and my boyfriend lives round here so I won't be alone. Last year I stayed in halls for two days on my own and it nearly drove me mad and I am not a person who needs lots of people, I spend a lot of time alone quite happily.

Who know's what he'll do, his uni finishes on the 10th Dec and I expect almost all the other students will disappear, however the block he lives in is almost totally foreign students so I guess they'll stick around.

It's less then 2 hours on the train if he wants to come stay with us, I'm sure he'll probably come for a spell around xmas. But he's been tied to his mummy's apron strings for years, didn't even know how to iron a shirt when he went to uni so it will do him some good to spend a little time alone!
    Most foreign students from outside the EU stay during vacations, it's the only way to do it and I bet it *does* provide valuable quiet.
    I'm staying in my house with my boyfriend until the 21st (term ends on the 10th) and returning on the 27th, because a) I wanna stay with my boyfriend and b)I have a weekend job and didn't wanna be awkward. I've not been since term began (arrived on September 25) so going home is gonna be a big change, 6 days is about long enough for me I think! Actually looking forward to it now, was dreading it at first.
    Re: Staying in Halls over Xmas
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    My cousin wants to stay in Halls over Xmas, I bet it's gonna be frigging lonely there but he wants the time to study

Anyone ever stayed alone in Halls over a holiday?
    Yep I did last year. It's a great time to study undisturbed and undistracted although I did go home for Christmas day itself.