Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Corsets

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Did anyone happen to see this months issue of Bizarre? Leaf through the Bizarre Babes magazine that came with it? Notice the girl in the gangster get up (corset, pinstripes etc) ? Darkpharie i think she called herself.

My gf wants a corset like that one.

And for those of you that dont indulge in the literary weirdness that is Bizarre, wheres a good place to get proper lace up corsets...leather...pvc....doesnt really matter....just something that Argos doesnt have in its Additions range basically.

Peace

Comments

• Options
    Camden town...
  • Options
  • Options
    I want a corset, but I'm like a size 14/16/18 and I'm worried that my rolls will spill over the top/out the sides.

Any bigger girls own a corset?
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Re: Corsets
    Originally posted by AlmightyBob
    My gf wants a corset like that one.

And for those of you that dont indulge in the literary weirdness that is Bizarre, wheres a good place to get proper lace up corsets...leather...pvc....doesnt really matter....just something that Argos doesnt have in its Additions range basically.

Peace

Looks like one of the Torture Garden range Mr Bob, I can't post the link up but I have a feeling you are probably old enough to view the website, if you know what I mean... You could try googling ectomorph or fetishlink while you are at it... and one of the stalls on the RHS of Camden Market, before Cyberdog, does a nice striped corset too...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Camden town...

Stroke, Camden. Quite a trek ;).
  • Options
    The only place I have ever seen proper ones was at a small shop in Tunbridge Wells in the South East, though prices there did start at about £200.
  • Options
    http://www.vollerscorset.co.uk/

but you can find them loads cheaper on ebay.

these are proper, laced-in, honest to god corsets though. not for the faint hearted.
  • Options
    Would you really want a used corset though? Or is that just me being fussy?
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Would you really want a used corset though? Or is that just me being fussy?

most of them are brand new :)
  • Options
    Oh, ok, I guess I was thinking a lot of ebay stuff was used. I've never ebay-ed anything myself.
  • Options
    Originally posted by SuicideBlonde
    I want a corset, but I'm like a size 14/16/18 and I'm worried that my rolls will spill over the top/out the sides.

Any bigger girls own a corset?
    Corset's are for everyone! Corsets go up to XXXL sizes! I personally think corsets look better on more voluptuous women, when you're a size 6 and boobless, there's not much point in wearing a corset lol.

Anyway - back to the original topic:

For a corset 'novice' I'd say Fairygothmother in Camden. They have the best range of corsets. But, they're not the cheapest around. Probably most expensive actually. (They measured me for one of my corsets, and apparently, I'm not the size the told me.)
    If you're in Camden, check out a shop called Pink Fluffy - They're a bit cheaper than FGM.

I'm about to add a www.deadlygirlz.com corset to my collection - they do PVC and fetish corsets mainly.

If you're still not sure, pm me - corset's are one of my biggest loves!! hehe. Ilora x

ETA: Just to say, corsets should be worn 2-4 inches smaller than your natural waist. But, 4 inches may be a bit snug for someone not used to wearing a corset :)
  • Options
    Re: Re: Corsets
    Originally posted by LadyJade
    Looks like one of the Torture Garden range Mr Bob, I can't post the link up but I have a feeling you are probably old enough to view the website, if you know what I mean... You could try googling ectomorph or fetishlink while you are at it... and one of the stalls on the RHS of Camden Market, before Cyberdog, does a nice striped corset too...

Would you mind PMing the link to me?....and yes i am indeed old enough to be lookin at ladies scanties. lol.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ilora-Danon
    I personally think corsets look better on more voluptuous women

have to agree with that. the effect is much sexier if you have things to squish.

although not all size 6 people are boobless. :|
  • Options
    Hehe I know Kaffrin, I was just using an example! lol.

Ilora x
  • Options
    Thanks for the links LadyJade....looks like my wallet is gonna be abused this christmas. hehe

Peace
  • Options
    Just as long as you do by your lady, don't worry about it ;<.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Originally posted by AlmightyBob
    Thanks for the links LadyJade....looks like my wallet is gonna be abused this christmas. hehe

Peace

You're welcome - the good ones are expensive but well worth it Mr Bob. ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ilora-Danon
    I personally think corsets look better on more voluptuous women, when you're a size 6 and boobless, there's not much point in wearing a corset lol.
    I don't agree. They can work just as well on a slimmer frame. They still push and squish, and push boobs up. :thumb:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    I don't agree. They can work just as well on a slimmer frame. They still push and squish, and push boobs up. :thumb:

Which is something I (and I know I'm not alone) appreciate greatly... :D

Just to express an opinion here, corsets have to be one of THE sexiest things a girl can wear. Drop. Bleeding. Dead.
  • Options
    they work well on all women, makes them more as lnog as they aint lost too much waist from it, cause thats a bit freaky, but up to apoint they blody sexy :eek: