Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Library Limits

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited March 27 in Work & Study
How many books can you get out a time from your Uni library?

My University has a 10 book loan limit. Which is crap when (like now) I have 3 essays due in within a week, each wanting 5 books minimum on the bibliography.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You're lucky, unless you anticipate the reading list for your course in two years time all the books are gone out of Edinburgh library. Most of the time I have to get copies from the reserve section which can only be taken out for 3 hours at a time and a maximum of 3 books. It pisses me off somewhat.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tim the Enchanter
    You're lucky, unless you anticipate the reading list for your course in two years time all the books are gone out of Edinburgh library. Most of the time I have to get copies from the reserve section which can only be taken out for 3 hours at a time and a maximum of 3 books. It pisses me off somewhat.

Yep, half the books I need are in short loan-either 4 hours or 24 hours. And at 50p per half hour overdue fine, I can't afford to make them late when other people have reserved them.
  • Options
    photocopy the pages you need? or use the books in the library
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blah_x2

Yeh I usually end up working in the library but I hate it because I'm so used to my own work environment at home or in my room and it's pretty far from where I stay. Also, photocopying tends to be real expensive and my course has loads of reading.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blah_x2

Yes. Photocopying was the answer today. I photocopied a whole book. It's hard to know exactly what references I'm going to make until I actually do it.

Working in there is an option I hadn't considered tbh.