Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Schoolboy dies

124»

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    aye, the hard man always wins :thumb:

All I'm trying to say is it pays to stand up for yourself.
    What does 'walking away' solve? In what way does it may you a better man?

OK you may be a better man for not resorting to violence but you're still going to be misrable now everyone knows you're soft as shite.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    You asked me what hard was. Are you unwilling to defer the point? Spliffie has a point, on an obscure level, not fighting means you're always running on this planet.
    This is why I asked you to define hard, you said :
    It doesn't have to be a physical punch up, but sometimes it's got to be hard, just so you can learn what hard is.

and I disagree with your latter comment. Someone who can talk their way out of an argument/fight have much better social skills....more than any thug would anyhow.
  • Options
    Are you being deliberatly stupid?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive
    All I'm trying to say is it pays to stand up for yourself.
    What does 'walking away' solve? In what way does it may you a better man?

OK you may be a better man for not resorting to violence but you're still going to be misrable now everyone knows you're soft as shite.

Stand up for yourself, yeah I agree. But if the kids here could have talked about stuff then a kid wouldnt be now dead.....thats why I say walk away from an fight/argument.
    Violence never solves anything, cos lets face it just lets assume im the soft shite in school and I have a fight and get the shit kicked out of me then im a very easy target for everyone....so being soft as shite I prefer to talk my way out of an argument if possible, then I dont have everyone after me.
  • Options
    Stand up for yourself, yeah I agree. But if the kids here could have talked about stuff then a kid wouldnt be now dead.....thats why I say walk away from an fight/argument.

If he'd walked away, then they'd never have sorted it out. Walking away is walking away, it's not refusing to throw a punch.
  • Options
    Are you being deliberatly stupid?

excuse me ?
  • Options
    You are totally missing the point. Repeatedly.
  • Options
    If he'd walked away, then they'd never have sorted it out. Walking away is walking away, it's not refusing to throw a punch.

God are you listening to anything I say ?

How many times in this thread have I said talk about it and walk away from an argument ? Thats what i mean.........talk and walk your way out of an argument/fight.
  • Options
    You are totally missing the point. Repeatedly.

Yeah whatever.......cos your right everytime aint ya..and everyone else is always wrong.
  • Options
    Well you certainly seem to be. Have another look at what I've said, and what you've said, you havn't addressed anything that I've said, and apparently TOTALLY changed your viewpoint.
  • Options
    How many times in this thread have I said talk about it and walk away from an argument ? Thats what i mean.........talk and walk your way out of an argument/fight.

When I was first at secondary school two nippers stole a watch off me. I did fuck all about it. A few weeks later they tried to hassle me into giving me them the replacement I had. I refused they tried to nick it anyway and I got a kicking.
    Next day after some wise words from my old man I caught one of them on his own and I beat the living daylights out of him.
    They never hassled me again.

How the fuck do you talk your way out of a situation like that? Grass 'em up. :no:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    and apparently TOTALLY changed your viewpoint.

Where ?
  • Options

How the fuck do you talk your way out of a situation like that? Grass 'em up. :no:

I dunno tbh, but I would have tried sommat.

That worked for you and you werent hassled again, but it isnt always the case though. Have you thought though if you had hit the lad too hard then you could be facing the same as these lads are ?
  • Options
    I dunno tbh, but I would have tried sommat.

There is no easier more simple answer. My act of violence worked.
    They had their heart set on stealing my watch - no amount of chit chat was going to stop them.
    If I hadn't had have let them steal the first one they would have tried the second time.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Aye skive it did that time, but that does not mean it would every time.
    Some people dont realise their own strength (especially lads) which is where the problem is.
  • Options
    Some people dont realise their own strength (especially lads) which is where the problem is.

I think it's quite safe to say that kids don't die from playground fights very often. The worry is knives.
    It's one thing to throw a few fists and cop a few black eyes but knives at school is what we shoudl be worried about.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    When I was first at secondary school two nippers stole a watch off me. I did fuck all about it. A few weeks later they tried to hassle me into giving me them the replacement I had. I refused they tried to nick it anyway and I got a kicking.
    Next day after some wise words from my old man I caught one of them on his own and I beat the living daylights out of him.
    They never hassled me again.

been in a similar situation myself, males work differently ot women, ususally if a lad intimidates you and you simply walk away, or do nothing, he'll pick up on that, knows you're weaker than him and he'll give you hassle for eternity, give him a beating and he'll give you respect, even if you lose he'll respect you to a degree.
  • Options
    what and now its been sorted?
    indeed there are people out there who dont know different other than violence, its these people who i feel most sorry for, its as if you are condoning what is happening, ahh well some lads have had a fight.
    NO this lad did not want to fight, nor did he want a confrntation.
    maybe he already knew he had a heart condition and did not want to aggrivate it.
    this was the third time in as many weeks that two children have ended up dead, the first was the lad who was stabbed, then you get a girl alone against 40 other pupils, then thie poor lad who tryed to get away but couldn't.
    all of these incidents have something in common, which is they are all over school pupils relationships, and to a degree of jelousy.
    if people tryed walking away would there be two children dead now?
  • Options
    once someone thinks you are weaker because you wont fight them and they start a fight against you then they coninue to use this to their advantage, this must constitute bullying?
  • Options
    Originally posted by 01j01
    what and now its been sorted?
    indeed there are people out there who dont know different other than violence, its these people who i feel most sorry for, its as if you are condoning what is happening, ahh well some lads have had a fight.

I think it's fair to say that playground fights don't generally result in death. It's my view that this is a tragic accident that's probably occured as a result of a quite normal playground scrap.
    NO this lad did not want to fight, nor did he want a confrntation.

And you know this how?
    once someone thinks you are weaker because you wont fight them and they start a fight against you then they coninue to use this to their advantage, this must constitute bullying?.

If they persist in physically harming you I'd say that was bullying. But just because someones comes off better in a fight doesn't automatically mean they're a bully.
    The worst and most common form of bullying is verbal in my experience.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    i agree most forms of bullying is verbal. however this also becomes mental.
    i know this from the area of which i live is close to the school,
    it is said that this lad had a heart condition anyway.
    would you still get into fights having a heart condition?
    how can you call it a playground scrap?
    he was in a classroom, there were seven others there too, and from personal experience when a fight occurs within a close space where there are others present the 'spare' people normally cover the exits and watch out for teachers.
  • Options
    From what I have seen from the Manchester news online his mothers siad he had a history of mild asthma - not a heart condition. And the fight aparently was the result of a disagreement between two lads after a basketball game.

TBH I have no idea wheather this thread even has a point anymore. I just happen to believe that this case is more of an tragic accident than a crime. Playground violents exists, always has, and probably always will and it doesn't always equate to bullying.

And when I have a kid I will probably offer the same advice as my old man. Running away gets you nowhere.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    once someone thinks you are weaker because you wont fight them and they start a fight against you then they coninue to use this to their advantage, this must constitute bullying?

There's only a problem if the victim views it as bullying.