Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Info about Warwick

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Heya, has anybody been to warwick uni? I'm thinking of going there to do mathematics with economics... but what's campus life like? I will probably go to an open day next year and things like that, but I was wondering how it compared to other universities like nottingham, or cambridge etc.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    beware - it's not actually in warwick!
    Well, when I read the prospectus and stuff I thought I'd really love it - it has loads of facilities, everything is on campus and within walking distance, it sounded really great. And to be fair when you get there, there is literally *everything* you could need on campus - they have a swimming pool which was free for students to use when I visited, a massive leisure centre, shops, a huuuuge students union with loads of floors, a lake, buses running through campus, a cinema - in that respect it was great.

However, I personally felt it was really lacking in atmosphere - I can't quite put my finger on it but to me it didn't really feel like being on a university campus. One minute you're on the street and the next minute you're walking through the university of Warwick, there is no sense of you actually having entered the uni. It is an extremely built-up campus and in a way it seemed that there were too many people around for the actual size of the campus - like being in a really crowded city.

The girl who showed me around also said that it can get really suffocating, I guess because to be there would totally be like living in a bubble.

But I have a friend to go there and he absoloutely *loves* it, so it really is down to the individual. If you're looking for somewhere that has literally everything you could possibly want to hand, then Warwick seems like the place to be.
    Warwick has one of the best economics departments and the degree you want to do is a very good combo. Maths is definately the most useful thing to do economics with.

Sounds like a good plan, the entry requirements may be demanding.

Not far from Leics either.........
    I'm a first year at Warwick this year and really enjoying it. Uni is definitely a learning curve. If you want more info, feel free to PM me!
    It's in Coventry *shudders*
    Originally posted by Kermit
    It's in Coventry *shudders*

you do right to shudder. i've just spent the weekend in coventry :nervous:
    Coventry is horrible to shop in; Leamington is much nicer.
    Originally posted by Luce
    Coventry is horrible to shop in

yus. but there's a great dodgy as hell jeans shop where the guy gives you discount if you pay in cash. shifty, much? i love it though....

leamington is nice, but birmingham is loads better for shopping.