Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

napalm in iraq!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Lest we forget

Of course... you neglect to include that the napalm used in that incident was dropped by ARVN upon their own people, and not by the US military.

But then... what place does honesty and accuracy have in one of your posts, when there is sensationalism to be had? I mean... when have you EVER stood up and given equal objection to ANYTHING that terrorists or Islamic extremists have ever done, when you can spew forth your hatred towards America, whether based in your perversion of facts, or your extreme prejudice?
  • Options
    Originally posted by freethepeeps
    Of course Al Jazeera couldn't possibly be a credible news source.... even if many of its staff have worked for the BBC....

What about ITN?

:confused:

Al Jazeera make Fox News look trustworthy…

Anyway that ITN link hardly presents any proof of the US using napalm? As of yet the claims against the US are unsubstantiated. If the allegations turn out to be true I like most here will believe the US to be in the wrong. I won’t however like some of you here criticise the US for doing something in Iraq which hasn’t even been credibly proven…

Tell me, which democratic state do you hate more freethepeeps America or Israel?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Disillusioned

Anyway that ITN link hardly presents any proof of the US using napalm? As of yet the claims against the US are unsubstantiated. If the allegations turn out to be true I like most here will believe the US to be in the wrong. I won’t however like some of you here criticise the US for doing something in Iraq which hasn’t even been credibly proven…

Tell me, which democratic state do you hate more freethepeeps America or Israel?

And knowing that the US admitted using napalm in Iraq last year still doesn't affect your thinking?

Its quite something, while 800 civilians are being killed for a whole number of Iraqis to suddenly start having delusions that people were being burned with phosporous, and that the burning got worse when water was put on it......

Can you give me an example of some dodgy reporting by Al Jazeera? I'm quite happy to give you reams of Fox dodginess, but I've yet to come across proof that Al Jazeera lies.....

As to your question about Israel and America, well, I'd have to plump for the USofA - they've done shedloads more killing, bullying and war crimes.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Globe
    Of course... you neglect to include that the napalm used in that incident was dropped by ARVN upon their own people, and not by the US military.

But then... what place does honesty and accuracy have in one of your posts, when there is sensationalism to be had? I mean... when have you EVER stood up and given equal objection to ANYTHING that terrorists or Islamic extremists have ever done, when you can spew forth your hatred towards America, whether based in your perversion of facts, or your extreme prejudice?
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
  • Options
    Originally posted by freethepeeps
    And knowing that the US admitted using napalm in Iraq last year still doesn't affect your thinking?

but they must have been kidding!
  • Options
    Must have been lies

Napalm is still being used...get over it
  • Options
    Originally posted by J
    It's infuriating! Anyone got an AK47 and a ticket to Iraq going spare?
    Try your local mosque, but Thanny'll have to check you first to ensure you have the requisite testicular capacity ;)

Seriously, when our government are so ready to play with the lives of it's citizens for polical gain, I find myself half-wanting to engage in, to put it mildly, civil disobedience. It's hard to think of a way of doing so, though, which won't imperil lives (even a hoax bomb alert diverts services that could be saving lives elsewhere), or get one banged up in jail under the new laws. But when it's so obvious that the forthcoming general election can't be a mandate for approval or otherwise of the invasion of Iraq, because there will be so many different issues deciding our votes, the temptation to practise a bit of direct democracy is always nagging away in the background.

It's sad when citizens of a country which boasts the 'mother of paliaments' feel that their so-called representatives no longer represent them anymore, and have to make thenselves heard by other means. Puts me in mind of that Elvis Costello ditty about looking forward to the death of Maggie: 'I never thought for a moment/ that human life could be so cheap/ but when they finally put you in the ground/ I'll stand there laughing, and tramp the dirt down'.
  • Options
    actually the US is trying to say they're not using napalm on a technicality. they are using something called Mark 77 firebombs which are quite similar to the effects of napalm. Rather than using gasoline and benzene as the fuel, the firebombs use kerosene-based jet fuel, which has a smaller concentration of benzene.

Mark 77 Firebomb Story

i'd just like to say that i am an American, and i am wholeheartedly against this war and against this present administration. please don't hold all americans in the same league as "president" bush. he does not represent us all.

Eileen
  • Options
    Originally posted by decima526
    please don't hold all americans in the same league as "president" bush. he does not represent us all.

Eileen

Hi Eileen and welcome......

We're lucky enough to know that nearly half (and maybe even more than half) of those who voted are anti-Bush .....

Sadly the majority of Americans who come here are harldine Bushites - hopefully you'll stick around and remind us of the dissent :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Disillusioned

Al Jazeera is top notch.
  • Options
    actually the US is trying to say they're not using napalm on a technicality. they are using something called Mark 77 firebombs which are quite similar to the effects of napalm. Rather than using gasoline and benzene as the fuel, the firebombs use kerosene-based jet fuel, which has a smaller concentration of benzene.

Mark 77 Firebomb Story

i'd just like to say that i am an American, and i am wholeheartedly against this war and against this present administration. please don't hold all americans in the same league as "president" bush. he does not represent us all.

Eileen

Hi Eileen

Nice to a New Yorker here. Welcome to the board, we've had very democrats here, so look forward to speaking with you. :)
  • Options
    God... napalm looks horrible :(

So sad...
  • Options
    An American friend of mine asked like this ‘where the hell those all bullies we knew so well at high school are? I‘m at uni now and it seems they have vanished somewhere in atmosphere… I guess they all are Marines, ‘our brave boys’ now.’ I believe he is right. Marines and Cops.
    Love this ’free’ ‘equal’ State education?
    Got it!
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonRat
    God... napalm looks horrible :(

So sad...

there's a reason it's a banned weapon.
  • Options
    banned in 1980 by everyone except the United States. who was president at the time? Ronald Regan. Who was pulling the strings? George Herbert Walker Bush. it's scary how much trouble and how many evil things you can link this family to. :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by J
    Blah. :(

It's infuriating! Anyone got an AK47 and a ticket to Iraq going spare?
    I seriously don't give a shit although I'm probably on the spied upon list now.
    Spy on this *Sticks middle finger up*

in iraq ak47s have got currently the market value of about 20US$
  • Options
    banned in 1980 by everyone except the United States. who was president at the time? Ronald Regan. Who was pulling the strings? George Herbert Walker Bush. it's scary how much trouble and how many evil things you can link this family to. :(
    It always makes me laugh how the US government goes about the "evil" weapons of mass destruction when it is the biggest stockist of the stuff and has killed more than half million people by their own WMD use (Japan & Vietnam).

The supreme hypocrisy of the neo-cons is, as always, astonishing.
  • Options
    they have a wonderful spin machine. think about it: they can make iraqis victims and the enemy at the same time. which is it? are we liberators or are we attacking an enemy threat? if you listen to a lot of these bush supporters, they have these two thoughts running through their head at the same time. very 1984ish.