Home Drink & Drugs

Memory Loss... drug related?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
Howza!

I've noticed recently that my short term memory is getting worse and worse, and is now practically non existent. I pickup a fone and forget who im supposed to be calling, I stop in the middle of conversations and forget what I'm talking about (occurs worryingly often now!).

Now call me silly, but could this be related to me smoking too much skunk? I've been a heavy user for around 3 years now and I'm thinking that maybe it's taking a toll on my brain.

Does anyone know if there's a link between puff and memory loss?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yea i think there is to an extent. Some people are affected by it, some aren't.

I've found sometimes i can't remember things, but it dosen't always happen, rarely actually, just little stupid things like.

What do you call heavy user? staying stoned all day when you've got some smoke?
    Yes, cannabis is well known for causing short term memory loss. Pack in smoking and it should come back to normal.
    Hell yere, after just a few weeks of smoking i start to get confused. the bad news is it dosent come back over-night but it will return. Maybe its time to cut down a little!

Bopz
    i think short term memory loss is far worse on E's, you'd be talking about something stupid for 10 mins and you'd be really into the conversation, turn your head to one side and look back and you haven't got a fucking clue what you were talking about, i love it, but memory in general hasn't been affected by drug use.
    forgot what i was going to say ...
    Originally posted by rachie004
    mr roll.. welcome back :)
    been getting high in oxford ...nice weekend it was too.
    stop taking them for a month and see.....
    How much of a heavy user are you?

Plus of course as with any drug use, if your having doubts and concerns about it its best to cut it out or cut down.
    i have started suffering from a harsh memory loss and dozyness after smoking pot now, which is a great shame as i really enjoy it, i've put it down to big troubles on my mind and just general teenage years.
    don't be worrying so much.
    in 36 years of smoking pot i have never seen anyone have long term memory problems.
    short term memory problems for the short term only.
    but it is advisable to ease up ...
    ive never experienced memory loss from smoking pot
    I did experience some memory loss, and have managed to significantly reduce it just by cutting down. Still smoke almost everyday, just don't smoke heavily anymore. An 8th can last me 3 days sometimes nowadays.
    I'm going to cut down on my smoking, i'd say i wouldn't be as less tired if i didn't smoke as much as i do.
    Originally posted by Shogun
    I'm going to cut down on my smoking, i'd say i wouldn't be as less tired if i didn't smoke as much as i do.
    smoking loads to get wasted is one thing ...smoking little one skinners can actualy get you realy motivated.
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    smoking loads to get wasted is one thing ...smoking little one skinners can actualy get you realy motivated.

I know that too well, say get in from school have a couple of bowls but not much in them, just enough to get a nice little head high and lots of interest for anything, you know that kind of high?
    Originally posted by Shogun
    I'm going to cut down on my smoking,
    you'll forget.
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    you'll forget.

I know, just love a toke too much.
    Thanks for the replies :)

After thinking about this more I don't think it's related to puff, one thing thats also happened since the memory loss is a big change in eating habbits, so I think the memory thing is (hopefully) related to lack of something.

Another reason I think its not puff related is that now tham I'm in full time employment I smoke a lot less than I used to. Last year at uni I was smoking around an eighth a day, which now is nowhere near that.

Guess I better go down to holland and barrett and buy some of those vitamin things :chin:
    weed didnt effect me badly, the effects were not visible in that sense... as soon as i started beaning its gotten to a terrible stage. im like u and suffer from short term memory loss. yes its the drugs sorry to say
  • JadedJaded back for more Posts: 2,682
    way dead thread...