Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Rangers

13»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    ...you bluenosed bastards...

And there goes another classic nsult from your good self :-/
    Originally posted by Cruel2BKind
    And there goes another classic nsult from your good self :-/

Yet again you completely miss the point of the post to make a snide remark.

You're possibly the worst debater ever.

Although I had to laugh at the irony of this..
    You continuely use the sectarian comment, 'Hun'. Change the word 'Hun' till another biggotted slur, e.g. ****** and see how exceptable that sounds!!!

Well done, you're going to make it onto my sig :thumb:
    Yet again you completely miss the point of the post to make a snide remark.
    Although I had to laugh at the irony of this..

Explain the irony???
    I do love a good story.

You're possibly the worst debater ever.

Awwwk bless... How so then???

Well done, you're going to make it onto my sig :thumb:

Am I suppose to be flattered?! *shrugs*
    Though saying that; if ya do that then people will see what a sectarian bigoted wee shit head you are.
    Explain the irony???
    I do love a good story.

Are you sitting comfortably?

Then we'll begin.

Even though you deny it, I think you're a closet Rangers fan.

And you're outraged that I'm using the word Hun, and you think if I used the word nigger instead I'd be in deep shit.

Bearing in mind Rangers fans are amongst the most racist people I've come across.

Ironic indeed.

Awwwk bless... How so then???

Well aside from the fact that I've blown a massive hole in every single one of your arguments so far...

It usually helps if the person I'm debating with has an idea of what they're on about :rolleyes:

You don't, sadly.

Though saying that; if ya do that then people will see what a sectarian bigoted wee shit head you are.

I'm a sectarian bigoted shit head because I think it's funny how a closet Rangers fan takes the moral high ground about bigoted language?

Go back to your doctor, your pills aren't working.
    How am I a 'closet rangers fan'?
    You do realise your argument is becoming weaker and weaker everytime you post. A few people have told you LOADS of incidents were Celtic fans aint helped their reputation. Yet I am still waiting for you lot to explain what Ranger Fans have done to make themself come across worse than any other football fan except when you gracefully tell us from your own experience :rolleyes:

Now I think.... I think I mentioned that I don't like Ranger Fans either as they are just as bad as Celtic fans. I don't follow the scottish football league so how does that make me a rangers fan????

Now if your are going to sit there and insult the Rangers Fans with sectarian/bigoted remarks; at least give hmmm... PROOF as to how they are ALL racist?
    So why is in the Belfast city centre you see more people wearing Celtic Shirts than Rangers Top and there was an incident in the town when a girl let her Rangers necklace slip out of her top by an accident in the JJB store and one of the guys who worked in the store asked her how she would feel if a fenian beat her Cunt in. Remember that happened a few years ago.

AND when the last time Rangers won the league about three years ago, the Celttic fans in East Belfast walked up to the local protestant area and started riot which was on the news.

As Pinkstar said you get the minority of wankers from both sides. Sooo please don't give all that bullshit saying Celtic Fans are soo much more tolerant than Rangers fans.

:rolleyes: i asked a simple and polite quesiton and you gimme this shit, and i supposse in belfast it's only the celtic fans that get up to this type of behaviour, why do you keep going on about individual incidents, i said twice, don't do it, yet you and pinkstar did it, i just said, is it not your experience that celtic fans are more tolerant, obviously for you its not, well where i come from, a rangers fan can walk down the street in a rangers top alright, newry being a predominately nationalist city and all.
    LOADS of incidents were Celtic fans aint helped their reputation. Yet I am still waiting for you lot to explain what Ranger Fans have done to make themself come across worse than any other football fan

YOU'RE NOT FUCKING READING THE THREAD PROPERLY.

I've already told you about the racist chanting at opposition players. I've already told you about how tens of thousands of them take great delight in mocking the deaths of Catholics every week.

I haven't touched on such topics as - the club cashing in on bigotry by producing orange away tops, high profile players signing "Fuck The Pope" on autographs, or Chief Executives singing bigoted songs at a club event.

That's worse than the actions of an average football fan, or an average football club.

You can deny it all you like and point to Celtic all you like, because it's easier than to admit there's something very wrong at that club.

I know more about this than you do anyway, so you can live in denial all you like, because you're wrong
    Now if your are going to sit there and insult the Rangers Fans with sectarian/bigoted remarks; at least give hmmm... PROOF as to how they are ALL racist?

Put it like this.

Anyone who's ever bought a Rangers scarf, a copy of the Rangers news, a Rangers replica strip, a ticket for a Rangers game, or anything else that goes directly into their coffers is funding a racist and bigoted organisation.

Not to mention the fans who go to games to make monkey noises or Nazi salutes.

I don't blame the BNP for making their pitches outside Ibrox, when you consider the type of filth that tend to own season tickets.
    Originally posted by turlough

You are an idiot :-/
    What's wrong with hearing the incidents? Does the truth damage your say against' Rangers Fans being the worst?

Where the hell in my post did I say that ONLY Celtic Fans do that? Please quote me cause I can't find it.

Bri-namite you are an absolute hypercrite!! When that YDC asked you for proof from your accussations you refused, yet you demand him to prove his. Ooo-My-Fucking-Lord :rolleyes:

And were have I denied that Rangers Fans, did that??

Because I am wrong? And that's it??
    Oooo.... Scoooreee!!! Great Argument there Big Boy!!!
    Anyone who's ever bought a Rangers scarf, a copy of the Rangers news, a Rangers replica strip, a ticket for a Rangers game, or anything else that goes directly into their coffers is funding a racist and bigoted organisation.

Oooo dear... how'd you work that one out then?!
    I haven't touched on such topics as - the club cashing in on bigotry by producing orange away tops, high profile players signing "Fuck The Pope" on autographs, or Chief Executives singing bigoted songs at a club event.

That's worse than the actions of an average football fan, or an average football club.

Now lets weigh this up...

Ranger Fans: Cashing in on top saying 'Fuck The Pope' and singing bigoted songs.

Celtic Fans: Attacks a referee on pitch and at his home causing him to need stitches and having to buy new windows.

What's worse there?!!!
    I really don't think there's much point in continuing this argument.

No matter what is said Brian is always gonna have his opinion on Rangers fans, just like many Rangers fans will have opinions on Aberdeen fans. I do just want to say however that I'm not surprised you can't go for a nice drink with Rangers fans since you seem incapable of calling them anything other than 'huns' :rolleyes:

Nobody is ever gonna agree on this and it's gonna just go round in circles.
    Now lets weigh this up...

Ranger Fans: Cashing in on top saying 'Fuck The Pope' and singing bigoted songs.

Celtic Fans: Attacks a referee on pitch and at his home causing him to need stitches and having to buy new windows.

What's worse there?!!!

You're an absolute fruitcake. That's hardly comparing like for like.

Anyway, my final words...

Both teams have probably the same amount of eejits who go OTT in them, I've never once denied that. And I'm sure there's been incidents when Rangers fans have stabbed Celtic fans too and vice versa.

It's a lot easier to deal with arseholes like that (i.e slam them in jail or ban them from every ground in Scotland), than it is to deal with an institution that has clearly become openly bigoted from the top (Donald Findlay) via the middle (Bob Malcolm) to the bottom (the PA man who presses the button to play such vile songs over the tannoy).

To compare something like that to a club like Aberdeen just because we've got a minority of fans who sing about the Ibrox disaster, well there's just no comparison.

You can call me whatever you like too, because at the end of the day, Rangers fans are arseholes.
    Originally posted by pinkstar
    I'm not surprised you can't go for a nice drink with Rangers fans since you seem incapable of calling them anything other than 'huns' :rolleyes:

Hahaha.... Very True!!!

Thank fuck they are your final words Bri-namite. As it's already been said, there is no hope in trying to explain anything to you as you already have made your mind up over Rangers Fans.

People like you I cannot stand due to you being a narrow minded, bigoted asswipe. Beautiful example you set yourself there. :thumb:
    I think theres too much bigitory on this thread that has been tolorated, I could make a similer case against black men, (thats been made against rangers supporters)and both would be untrue and missing the point, however one is tolorated and is more aceptable that the other.

Speaking as a Celtic supporter I think the biggoted attitute against rangers supporters is unfair and not appropiate for the modern scotland,

Iv hardly been to any matches so cant realy comment on the abuse displayed there,

But Iv met and know lots of both suppporters and havnt realy found much differnce most rangers supporters are decent scottish people as I said before the minority who are arseholes tend to be rascist orange marching bastards rather than just protostent rangers supporters.

People like you I cannot stand due to you being a narrow minded, bigoted asswipe. Beautiful example you set yourself there. :thumb:

tell us a few stories about rangers fans then in belfast intimidating celtic fans
    I don't blame the BNP for making their pitches outside Ibrox, when you consider the type of filth that tend to own season tickets.

Why don't we just nail this one before it turns out like your "No blacks at Ibrox" statement? :)

Yes, there are BNP activists that stand around Ibrox occasionally on matchdays. They do similar around Tynecastle and (I think) Fir Park as well.

Firstly, these people require police protection to make sure they don't get a doing and they have taunts and abuse hurled at them by the odd passerby. I have never seen or even heard of someone approaching them as an interested party. The point is, you can't stop someone standing in a public place if that's what they want to do.

Secondly, the head bloke of the BNP is pro-United Ireland and a Sinn Fein sympathiser. Now that's hardly going to be popular around Ibrox now, is it? Think about it.

There seems to be a big problem with the whole "I heard from..." or "My mate told me..." mentality. Lies is allowed to spread and grow in the little warped minds of ignorant individuals who just wish what they were hearing was actually true. If you read "A Bluffer's Guide to..." then you'll always be caught out over time, right? :)
    No, but you know as well as I do that the BNP know fine well that you'll get uneducated neds lapping it up in the name of (what they consider) having a pop at Sellick.

Speaking of ignorance, you still haven't answered my questions.
    I haven't touched on such topics as - the club cashing in on bigotry by producing orange away tops

Meanwhile, back on planet Earth...

If Rangers wanted to "cash in on bigotry by producing orange away tops" then they would do it every season, right? That would make good business sense seeing as the orange away top from a couple of seasons back help Rangers reach record replica kit sales. Orange doesn't clash with any other team's strip except Dundee Utd's, and we can wear the home top against them. Previous home kits (see 1999/00 away top, for example) clashed with some teams home AND away top, and the Rangers second strip was then very rarely worn. The orange away top was only sectarian in the tiny little warped minds of those people who really, really wished it was.
    high profile players signing "Fuck The Pope" on autographs

"Players"? You mean "player". One isolated incident in which a Rangers player added "FTP" to the bottom of his autograph. He was quite rightly shot down by fans and the club, and told that it was unacceptable. The lady that asked for the autograph was no Rangers fan and specifically asked for it so she could run to Nil By Mouth. That's not the issue though, of course, but it is something to bear in mind.
    or Chief Executives singing bigoted songs at a club event.

Again, less of the plural if you will. And anyway, this will be the Donald Findlay that left Rangers immediately after he realised the mistake he had made? So the club did NOT tolerate his actions and he has had nothing to do with Rangers FC since the incident?
    Originally posted by YouCrazyDiamond

If Rangers wanted to "cash in on bigotry by producing orange away tops" then they would do it every season, right?

You're honestly telling me that nobody at the club during the whole time the kit was being designed/developed even considered the connotations of the colour and think that it might be a bit of a bad idea?

For a club that claims to despise and do everything in it's power to stamp out bigotry, that's one hell of an oversight.

I'm pretty sure when I say that an orange away top would sell very well down Govan way, and the marketing department knew this.

The day Rangers produce a green and white away kit, then I might take your point.
    Originally posted by YouCrazyDiamond

So the club did NOT tolerate his actions and he has had nothing to do with Rangers FC since the incident?

There wasn't much else they could do. They at least have to be seen to clamp down on the bigots.

That doesn't mean it's not done with a heavy heart.

Like the time they banned Simply The Best because the fans were adding bigoted lyrics.

Only to bring it back again. And now we've got the joys of the Dambusters march pumping out of the tannoy every other Saturday. And whilst this might not be bigoted behaviour in itself, it's hardly discouraging it, is it?

I'll applaud Rangers once they start banning every fan who sings about being up to the knees in other human blood, because I think we're all agreed that those are the actions of the bigoted.
    tell us a few stories about rangers fans then in belfast intimidating celtic fans

And what has that got to do with what I was saying.... :confused:
    Ok, I know I said I wasn't gonna post anything else on here but something Brian said has made me do so.

The whole Dambusters thing I just don't get. i'm assuming you have got this off the radio after a certain football commentator has been commenting on it recently? The thing I don't get is how that tune is perceived as sectarian? I honestly don't. Celtic used to play it until recently before games and last weekend Dundee were also playing it. It's a pretty common tune to play at football grounds as it is the kind of thing that gets the crowd going.

I'm not being sarcastic or anything, I just genuinely don't understand why its all of a sudden considered sectarian. :confused:
    Originally posted by pinkstar

I'm not being sarcastic or anything, I just genuinely don't understand why its all of a sudden considered sectarian. :confused:

Because of the connotations, it's goes nicely with waving the Union Jack :rolleyes:

It's not sectarian in itself, but I just think Rangers and Celtic need to be careful about what they play over the tannoy because both clubs need to be seen to discourage the bigots rather than give them any excuse to start all this sectarian shite.

I think you know what I mean.
    And what has that got to do with what I was saying.... :confused:

saying i'm not a bigot then rounding off 4 or 5 incidents when celtic fans have done trouble and none for rangers fans doesn't exactly give the right impression now does it.
    saying i'm not a bigot then rounding off 4 or 5 incidents when celtic fans have done trouble and none for rangers fans doesn't exactly give the right impression now does it.

My reason was simple in why I reminded you about those incidents.

I did NOT ONCE say, only celtic fans cause trouble. If you can stretch your memory a little further you'll also notice I said that I aint exactly fond of Rangers Fans either as both sides can be bigoted. It's not just about football when Rangers and Celtic play which is why I dislike most of them. Not saying all Fans bring it down to religion but the minority does enough to put me off both sides.

Following me now, are you?!