Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Music folder

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My music folder is really annoying me now.

It randomly will re-arrange my music folder and take songs from other folders within the music folder and group them together, or stick them in a folder under " various artists" and its annoying the hel out of me.

Someone please tell me their is a way i can stop it from doing this because its pissing me off something else when every time i open my music folder to play asong its not their and i have to go hunting around loads of other folders in search of it :mad:

Comments

• Options
    Never had that happen. :confused:
    Have you got some sort of MP3/media playing software (or ripping software) on your computer that has some sort of auto-arrange option that sorts your files and folders out automaticly for you?
    I'm not aware of any option like that in Media Player, Winamp, or Realplayer.
  • Options
    Neither was i :S ..

And from what i can see ( i use winamp ) their is no option ( or option enabled ) to allow it to re-arrange the music..

I have already deleted one music folder and changed it to another folder but it still does teh same thing, which makes me think that it is the pc and not a media player that is the cause

*miffed*
  • Options
    I'm not aware of a setting in Windoze that does that. :confused:
    There has to be something else installed doing that. What about using the Windoze help. Then Googling to see if anybody else has had a similar problem.
  • Options
    Yeah i will give that a go

Thanks