Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

fund raising ideas for work exp!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
ok, ive already posted this in everything goes, and then i figured i should post it here aswell, as its related to work experience:
ok, im planning on spending 2 months in South africa for my work experience. Ive got about a year and a half to save up £3500 for it+im wondering does anybody have any amazing ideas for fund raising??
So far ive thought od:
*a sponsored baked-bean bath
*cleaning a double decker bus with a tooth brush
Basically im looking for a wild, wacky+unusual idea, that could make me some cash!!!
Thanx
SBG
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    run a marathon!!!
    How about getting a job? :confused:

£3500 for 2 months? :eek:
    What are you doing in S.Africa for 2 months that costs 3.5 K? How old are you? Why do you need to do work expierance there?

Bopz
    im 19, but when i do it il be 20. I dont need to do the work exp there, but i really really want to. i know its alot, but you cant put a price on valuable and experience.
    il get to do things such as:
    *Hand rearing animals
    *Rescuing them, from traps, etc
    *Tranquilizing them+fitting collars, etc (so i need a course in firearm shooting which costs quite alot)
    *providing contraception for lions and elephants.
    *Putting nesting boxes up for rare birds
    *Monitoring leopards
    *Relocating and releasing animals.
    *Treating sick and injured animals.
    Thats all i can think of off the top of my head, cos my brochure isn't with me at the moment.
    Most thing on this trip you cannot do unless you are in a course very similar to mine, and can only do while im a student. also, you can get a job out of it at the end.
    at the end of the day, 3.5K is nothing when i have nearly 2 yrs to save, id just rather not use all/most of my student loan!
    BTW, i have a job, but that pays for my car and clothes. its only 10 hours a week, cos im at uni.
    SBG