Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Made To Measure

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just got back from holiday where I had 2 new trousers, a jacket (well full suit) and 8 shirts all made to measure!!

I don't know how many people here have had clothes made just for them but it's kind of empowering and potentially addictive once you have!!!

My friend was going on about brand names like Armani suits, etc but once you've had someone made totally from scratch just for you it seems pretty pathetic paying so much for some carbon copy off the shelf item.

Like with my shirts I chose the cloth from hundreds of patterns , picked the type of collar I wanted and even the length, had slits added on the side, chose how high up I wanted the first button to start, if I wanted a curved or straight edge to the bottom, how wide I wanted the curfs, etc.

Anyone else had anything made just for them?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yep, load of stuff when i was in thailand. nice to have stuff that actually fits me properly :) and cheap as chips out there.
    Originally posted by Maladjusted
    yep, load of stuff when i was in thailand. nice to have stuff that actually fits me properly :) and cheap as chips out there.

What did you pay put there on average for a custom made shirt, trouser, etc?
    i make my own.

it's cheaper, and you have even more choice. oh yeah.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    i make my own.

it's cheaper, and you have even more choice. oh yeah.

:yes: However, laziness is my downfall...
    You seem to have some kinda obsession :razz:
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    What did you pay put there on average for a custom made shirt, trouser, etc?

erm... no idea, this was a couple of years ago! just remember it being cheap! as in a lot cheaper than even suits from topman or whatever.