Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Play Fighting

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
In a realtionship is it OK to play fight with your other half and how far is acceptable?

Are we talking like tickling, jokey friendly style punches (not hard enough to bruise), wrestling what?

Personally I think as long as it doesn't hurt its OK and can be fun!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Play Fighting
    Originally posted by Bomberman444
    In a realtionship is it OK to play fight with your other half and how far is acceptable?

Are we talking like tickling, jokey friendly style punches (not hard enough to bruise), wrestling what?

Personally I think as long as it doesn't hurt its OK and can be fun!

why wouldnt it be okay

if you done it without them liking then itd be worrying but the playfights can be fun :D
    because me and my girlfriend fool around all the time and take mick out of each other and stuff but people have said that its wierd and totally unacceptable
    Girls can punch, kick, headbutt..

Guys can stroke against the grain or tickle.

Naw. Totally depends on yourself and the partner, no? If you both like a wrestle then have a good wrestle.
    Me and my ex used to play fight all the time. He was once teaching me how to punch and I was practising on him and my mum thought we were having a proper fight! But one time it went too far and we ended up hurting each other, but all his mates helped him beat me up which was funny and I didn't get badly hurt so we laughed about it! Still laugh about it now actually! I think play fighting is ok, aslong as u both know where to stop.
    Originally posted by Bomberman444
    because me and my girlfriend fool around all the time and take mick out of each other and stuff but people have said that its wierd and totally unacceptable

Not at all, me and my grirlfriend act like this and we find it fun.
    yeah, its fine. however if ppl think its wierd, then maybe u take it abit too far?
    SBG
    boxing :naughty::p

but really, I was saying to my girlfriend on the phone the other night, I playfight with my family and make fun of them all the time because I'm so close to them and know they won't take it personally, and it's the same with her. I would never do anything if she didn't really like it, but things like tickling or wrestling are fine. The other day she dragged me across the landing in her house and into her bedroom :eek2: talk about carpet burn.
    What's wrong with playfighting?

T'missus nearly broke my hand doing it once though:(
    Play fighting is completely healthy IMHO. It's one of the first stages of realising you fancy someone, it's part of the teasing/slagging off phase. :)
    Originally posted by 1983
    Play fighting is completely healthy IMHO. It's one of the first stages of realising you fancy someone, it's part of the teasing/slagging off phase. :)

Thats what I would have thought but apparently people don't see it this way and don't think you should ever jokingly play fight with your other half and its just plain wrong. Glad to hear some other people take my oppinion.
    Nah I beat up my boyfriend up as much as he does with me. It's how we share our lurve. :D
    Originally posted by spongebobsgirl
    yeah, its fine. however if ppl think its wierd, then maybe u take it abit too far?

what i would say.

are you affectionate at all?
    I was play fighting with my ex like, last new years (we had split up for 2 months by then) and he picked me up and turned me upside down...our friends walked by (it was a house party) and the were like "And you guys are seriously getting back together - look at you flirt!" so...that's how I see it. My ex ex used to fight...not play fight...he thumped to bruise...:( but my current boyfriend, love a good wrestle...pin him down, it's all good and apparently it's 'cute' because he lets me win even though he's so much stronger and it's cute to see me try...:D Gaaaaww...:D

Malt Munk xxx :D
    i don't have a problem with it, it's just... why?
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    i don't have a problem with it, it's just... why?

Different strokes for different folks; I see it being another way of being flirtatious/affectionate with your other half.

It's redundant really, but it's just a quirk to their relationship. Well, that's how I see it as.

Another thing that you both share, like a tradition/quirk such as if you're walking down the street you come to a lampost, you break hands and walk by it only to hold hands again.
    hmm, I can't see anything wrong with play fighting - infact I really enjoy pinning my gf on a bed, and tickling her mercilessly hehehe :angel:
    Originally posted by 1983
    Different strokes for different folks

i guess.

to me it's just the kind of thing you'd do with mates or a sibling. very platonic. which is maybe why i find it odd.
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    The other day she dragged me across the landing in her house and into her bedroom :eek2: talk about carpet burn.

Sounds like a reversal on Caveman time. As in caveman spots cavewoman, then goe over to her & bonks her on the head with his club then drags he back to his cave & makes sweet loving to her:D
    Originally posted by Theydon Bois
    hmm, I can't see anything wrong with play fighting - infact I really enjoy pinning my gf on a bed, and tickling her mercilessly hehehe :angel:

Evil...thats what I hate! Tickling, I don't mind having a roll around and struggle and a pinning session...! But tickling!!!

I think I get it from being one of those people, if you tease me, I might playfully give you a punch or squeeze your hand or nudge you...just being affectionate and like, even when having a rough and tumble, it's combined with lots of kisses, bit of dominating ;) and lots of cuddles...:D

Malt Munk xxx:D
    Play fightings great, except when theres something thats bothering you and you sort of take it out of your other half when they have no idea you're miffed at them.

Not good.

Me and my boyf take the piss out of eachother a lot which usually ends up in a tickle fight which usually ends up turning him on etc.

Although I have caught him in his 'sensitive area' a few times by 'accident'. Nah, seriously, I didn't mean it.

Fnar.
    Yeah we do occasionally untill i scream when he starts doing that horrible thing to your knee caps and prodding my belly, then i give in., and wallop him :p
    But he would never do it to hurt me, and i wouldn't do it in front of people either because i would find that a bit weird, i mean people don't need to see that do they.
    I love a little harmless playfighting! I have had ex's who didn't want to playfight because they were ''scared of hurting me.'' With my current partner, its all good because were that kind of couple who likes a bit of rough slap and tickle and like taking mick out of eachother. It's quite fun to playfight/chasing around the house/playful punching etc.

I think it shows how comfortable you are with eachother.
    nothing like a good play fight!:D
    I normally playfight with anyone really... behind the bar with other staff, with my mates, sometimes I even wallop my brother for the fun of it. Tickling is a bit annoying, I don't like to lose :(

But yeah, I think one thing a lot of guys don't realise is that women are more sensitive than men and they don't realise their strength.