Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Sleeping

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can anyone recommend anything that'll help me with my sleep? It takes me about an hour to doze off and I wake up quite a bit. Any products or anything you would recommend? Its getting me down quite a bit cos I love my bed and my sleep!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Have a warm bath with lavender oil, will make you relaxed and sleepy. Try to have regular bed-time and wake up times, try not to get up when you wake up as well, unless you need to, just try to roll over and go back to sleep.
    you sound generally unwell. the sleeping and eating things sound like they could be related.

i'd see a doctor.
    After reading you're other thread (eating disorder) i think this has alot to do with it. If you start to eat properly and do the above things that Fiend has mentioned then you should be ok.
    Yeah, forgotten about yon other thread. You need to get some proper grub down you, see a doctor, and get some sleep. You'll be right as then.
    do some excersize! whenever I can't sleep it's usually due to lack of excersize... it really really helps sleep if you wear yourself out a bit before bed :)

if not, some of the herbal sleeping supliments seemed to work for me - nytol herbal I think it was. used them while I couldnt sleep due to exam stress.
    I suffer from insomnia and have done for years.

Basically all the over the counter things, all the herbal stuff is junk for people with serious sleep disorders (though some people swear by them). Not one of them has made the slightest impact for me at all.

Exercise, stress reducing and a good diet will help.

If it is an on going problem see your GP about it. There is help there, its just a VERY long process.