Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

how well do you eat

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
on a whole, normally, not diets or fads like that

i drink craploads of fresh fruit juice and water, so fizzy drinks just taste too sweet now, unless theyre mixed with spirits ;)

i eat some fruit, and quite a lot fo vegetables, eat a lot of meat, but at least its meat ive prepared myself so its a bit better

lots of potatoes or rice or pasta i love

ready meal portions are too small for me

have take away like twice a week on top too

basicaly i eat a good mix of real food, but a lot of it, so no complaints from me overall i think :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    not very well =P
    I eat very badly. Take today, all be it i slept it extremely late i have had anything to eat today. D'ya know something, not eating doesnt really bother me because right now im very fed up with everything,im almost verging on the " i dont care anymore" attitude

I do drink loads of fizzy drinks.

When i do eat its normally at least 1 meal a day, dont really eat snacks, have the rare bowl of cereal.
    I haven't been eating as well as I should be for the past four months. :(
    I haven't been eating enough for a start, burning up more calories than I'm eating, so I've lost half a stone. And nor am I eating enough proper meals. Just grabbing whatever I can when I feel like it, mainly because I'm too tired to be arsed to cook properly. This is mainly because of working on rebuilding a car for the past few months. Leaving me too tired.
    I used to try and eat a proper meal about 3-4 times a week at least, and no more than a choccy bar a day (as a treat). Now I'm lucky if I have a couple of decent meals a week. The rest is whatever I can make in five minutes before I crash out.
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    I haven't been eating as well as I should be for the past four months. :(
    I haven't been eating enough for a start, burning up more calories than I'm eating, so I've lost half a stone. And nor am I eating enough proper meals. Just grabbing whatever I can when I feel like it, mainly because I'm too tired to be arsed to cook properly. This is mainly because of working on rebuilding a car for the past few months. Leaving me too tired.
    I used to try and eat a proper meal about 3-4 times a week at least, and no more than a choccy bar a day (as a treat). Now I'm lucky if I have a couple of decent meals a week. The rest is whatever I can make in five minutes before I crash out.

Im pretty much the same at the mo, apart from the car bit! I can remember last summer (not the one just gone) that I had the biggest appetite Ive ever had. It was madness and I guess Im one of the lucky ones thast doesnt put on the weight if I eat a lot. My appetite has been quite crappy lately (made a thread bout it) but I do like food. Odd really :confused:
    'cos im in a rugby academy i have been told about diets etc. So i have:

Breakfast: Porridge or if im playin rugby in the morning toast and coco pops.

Lunch- Couscous and tuna salad, or sometimes just sandwiches. With banana and oatcakes with houmous and chicken roll with it.

Dinner-I have a hot meal like roast dinner, spag bol, pasta, pie and spuds etc.

And for snakcs i have more fruit, carrot cake or a shake with bio yogurt and fruit in.

I would say this is pretty healthy. And it helps loving salad and fruit anyway.
    horrifically badly.

i eat a lot of junk and general shit. i'd love to eat proper, healthy meals, but i'm just a really lazy cook.
    Fairly well most of the time.

I'm 7stone2 and can eat what the hell I like and not put on an onze!
    I really quite like cooking, and as a result I have a pretty healthy diet :thumb: I don't tend to snack in between either - If I do, it's because I havn't had enough to eat at lunch/breakfast whatever.

I don't do enough* excersize mind :p

*read "any"....
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Well, I suppose it's not that bad, since I haven't noticed any weight changes. The weekly menu usually includes all of the following, at different days and times:
    Pasta, pizza, chips, fish, beans, peas, chick-peas, tiny cheese pies... Meat and fast-food are not as common, though not a rare sight (or taste).
    ETA the non-"meal" things: Several snacks and biscuits/cookies are a given at least once a day, but so is a glass of tangerine juice, and grapes or chestnuts, depending on the season. Most days also include a carrot or tomato.
    I use to be a good wee eater. Though these days I've notice I've been eating more junk food than normal. So really need to watch myself. Try and lose a bit of weight so on christmas day I can stuff my bake without having to worry about putting on any extra weight. I do lurve me Christmas Dinners :D
    Normally, I eat pretty well. I usually eat around 3/4 portions of fruit/veg a day and never eat fried foods. I have around 2-3 ready meals a week - but they're always eaten with fresh steamed veg. I always look for a low number of saturated fats.

I have 1-2 chocolate bars a week, and Batchelor's Super Noodles are my downfall lol. I usually buy Tesco's Chelsea buns, because they're stunning and have less than 2g's of saturated fat :D

Recently though, because of my IBS, I've not had much of an appetite and have been living on tesco's cheesy mash and fresh tomatoes. I've lost over half a stone and have no idea how!!

Ilora x
    I don't eat enough due to a lack of appetite, but what I do eat is very healthy. I love fruits and vegetables and I have a natural dislike for greasy and processed foods.

My diet is very dairy laden.

If I'm putting something in my mouth, it's most likely fruit, veggie, or dairy.
    Originally posted by ~*STRESSED*~
    Wish I was that weight and could eat like that!

it's not much fun.

i don't know how tall RG is, but i'm still quite short, weigh very slightly less, and look like i'm about to die.

not sexy.
    I have been eating a lot of food lately and most of it is crap, for some reason I am always hungry, I must burn it off very quickly because i cannot put weight on at all.
    I have been stuck at 8 stone for about 2 years now ( I am 20) and I am quite tall 5'6" so I look very slim.
    I'm only 5foot2. My frame is very small though so I don't actually look skinny (I hope).
    I always try and eat well, apart from a friday night of course when i have my well deserved take-away :p

For breakfast i might have some form of oats/ready break but only if i'm hungry.

Lunch is soup with crusty bread yum, it used to be baxters out of a tin but i have found a new love in cup a soups that are no way near as rank as i rememberd.

Dinner is usually a pasta dish or some form of grilled chicken and vegetables, or maybe if i'm lazy a jacket potatoe or a stir fry.

I don't snack or eat chocolate or sweets, although i always have an apple and a satsuma just for something to munch on.

Not too bad i guess.
    I try to eat well - but my major downfall is eating out - which I do a couple of times a week and wine - I drink about half a bottle a night and i have on average a can of diet coke a day.

I try and be good though and in the summer I have melon oj and coffee for breakfast and replace melon with bran flakes in the winter.

Then for lunch I genearally have a slima soup, apple and a piece of pitta bread.

And for tea i'll either cook something myself - like a stew or pasta and salad or chillie or something like that - I normally do a starter rather than desert because I don't like sweet things.

Gaah but its the eating out - I try to be good but I just love food far to much. I so need to loose weight and eat less - but to be honest I just can't figure out how to eat any less i mean untill dinner time I hardly eat anything really and whats worse you can eat less and less as you grow up by the time im 50 i'll be eating an apple a day and still be getting fatter. Though the wine and coffee do help.......
    I eat uni hall food. Nuff said.:yeees: