Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Ever experienced a bad trip???

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    brilliant!
    being close to nature whilst on mind expanders is a whole different ball game from the concrete we have come to know and love ...
    especialy as night falls and the world seems to close down and then ...the darkness and mother nature lay on a whole new show for you.

Ever seen anyone trip out badly in the forest?:confused:

sorry to spoil the vibe, this does sound lovely:D
    Originally posted by Martin_Bashir
    Ever seen anyone trip out badly in the forest?:confused:

yes.
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    if you camp on the edge of a forrest you come to understand first hand why people believed in spirits and elves and goblins. you see and hear them. in the ever moving shadows there is great uncertainty and mental interpretation. freaky stuff.
    the noises of a forrest are many and something we have lost touch with so they come as something of a surprise.
    the big outdoors has become alien to us in this modern age.
    moorland has a unique bleakness that worries the soul.
    beaches and vast ocean in front of you ...gets me thinking about the planet hurtling through cold lifeless space ......usualy gets you thinking of god.
    but you have to be able to see no civilisation at all ...you have to know that it's miles and miles away from you ...if you can see the harbour lights ...or the lights of a road or a house ...or even know that they are only half an hours walk away ...it takes away so much from the experience.
    here in the mountains of north wales we often have very serious snow ...cutting off whole comunities.
    snow is another challenge again. snow is made of jewels ...and frozen faces ...time freezes with it.

WOW thats so cool and its very rare I say that about anything.

I spent half my life growing up in the countryside so Im familier with it, I could handle it not like most city people, that sounds amazing, not many palces in england that far away but in scotland there is I might do that probably with my cous or do you think I should go alone, did you just eat it or smoke spliffs as well and how much did you eat,

What about doing muchrooms instead. thats what the druids did isnt it. maybe there is something in the "spirits of the forest"

Do tell me more about htis.
    yes.

well of course i was expecting a yes answer, care to elaborate on that (just so we've got a balance of stories :)

'G'wan unkle wolly, tew us a stawy!' :D
    Originally posted by Iknowyourmum
    WOW thats so cool and its very rare I say that about anything.

I spent half my life growing up in the countryside so Im familier with it, I could handle it not like most city people, that sounds amazing, not many palces in england that far away but in scotland there is I might do that probably with my cous or do you think I should go alone, did you just eat it or smoke spliffs as well and how much did you eat,

What about doing muchrooms instead. thats what the druids did isnt it. maybe there is something in the "spirits of the forest"

emailed as requested.
    Originally posted by Martin_Bashir

'G'wan unkle wolly, tew us a stawy!' :D
    ok then!
    i had done country tripping with a mate ...with a girlfreind ...with a small gang ...every experience brilliant.
    i decided to do it alone ...in a forrest in north wales ...with magic mushies.
    again ...brilliant!
    the second time i did it alone was cannabis only.
    same forrest ...same tent ...campfire etc.
    i got realy scared of the eyes that kept watching me.
    squirels and badgers and foxes and owls.
    went back to my fire to get them out of my mind.
    i swear i was imagening the eyes.
    the owl ...i was convinced was only interested in spooking me.
    hooting and flying toward me time and time again.
    i had a beer and some beans ...calmed down. was just going to explore the forrest again with my new found confidence when a rabid wolf came charging toward me!
    i grabbed a burning stick and threw it at the wolf.
    i couldn't believe how there could be a fucking wolf in wales!
    but there it was growling at me!
    took me about half an hour of throwing rocks and fire at it before it decided to go.
    i was a scared child all night long ...my mind in knots.
    daybreak saw me packing up ...a pickup appeared and a forrestry worker and farmer started freaking at me for camping on forrestry propperty and bringing a dog with me ...which had savaged two sheep in the night ...it was now dead in the back of the pick up.
    it was a stray hungry alsation ...not a wolf after all.
    sounds weak but it was freaky at the time.
    i decided to move on to a different spot and get daytime blitzed.
    i felt great and a bit silly ...made me keep giggling to myself.
    the best bit ...i sat by a stream in a lightly wooded area ...old tall pine trees. the sun was streaming through the gaps in a truly calming and colourful manner when ...an raf jet thundered over not much higher than the treetops ...scared me shitless but then ...the vibration caused a bazillion pine needles to detatch from trees and gently twirl and flutter and reflect the sunlight ...like a green snow shower which lastred forever ...abiut ten minutes ...i was in a walt disney cartoon of total beauty!
    Originally posted by Iknowyourmum

the forrest makes many noises. not just the creatures but the trees and even the ground. the creaking of a tree that is close sounds different from those creaking further away ...all your senses are hightened ...all these little sounds turn into conversations and a moth fluttering by just to the side of you ...creates an unexpected movement to one side ...your not sure what it was ...there are thousands of movements amidst the chatter of the forrest ...if theres a stream nearby or not so near ...the conversations and laughter you here from that is amazing ...the babbling brook!
    everyone in the world should do it ...
    camping.gif
    city.gif
    In our Western cultural heritage this concept of the Vision Quest came to full bloom in the marvelous thirteenth-century legend of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table. In almost every detail we can find in this legend, through mythic and archetypal symbols, a truly spiritual perspective as it uniquely manifested through the Western Psyche.

Unlike the Eastern perspectives in which we find a spiritual pyramid with the Divine at the top represented by the teacher or Guru and the disciples on the bottom, here we find the image of a circle - the Round Table where no one is considered "the master". Those who sit at this table are all equals, truly, a unique image among religious, political or any other organization.

Now it was within this company of equals that something was revealed to be lacking in the community. This led the knights to their Hero's Journey - The Quest for the Holy Grail.

In the symbolic image of the Grail, we find yet another important clue to our ancient spiritual theme of Divine Immanence. For the Grail is interpreted as a feminine symbol - a cup or bowl. In truth, it's the magic cauldron of old, from which all of creation was stirred into existence. It represents the Divine creative matrix which lies at the heart of all existence.

And just how do the knights begin their heroic Quest? The answer to this question is most important to our understanding of how different this spiritual journey is from any of the Eastern schools or Christian institutions. For the knights didn't go out on their Vision Quest as a group. This is definitely not a team effort. Each one went out separately as an individual. And where each one went, wasn't determined by the king or some external authority. No top down decision making here. But rather, each knight had to decide for himself the direction of his journey.

Now what is particularly relative to the timeless theme of Immanence is that each knight, independently of all the others decides to begin his search for the Grail in the forest. They didn't hang around the castle looking for clues; they didn't go to church seeking answers. They all left "civilized" life entirely and went into the forest. Why? Because the foundation for their spiritual life was the understanding that Nature is the Spirit made manifest. So instinctively they all returned to Nature to discover something deeper about themselves.

What is perhaps even more profound however, unlike the spiritual seekers of the Eastern traditions, once they got to the forest they each did something very strange indeed. They each "entered into the forest, at one point and another, there where they saw it to be the thickest, all in those places where they found no way or path . . ." (12)

It's precisely here, that we discover the very essence of the Vision Quest: a pathless journey into the Great Mystery to glimpse the Creative Power which finds its expression through all of Nature.

The proper setting is now in place for a real adventure to begin. If one is following a path one merely needs enough common sense to stay on the path. But here, in the utter wilderness without a way or path, our deepest instincts suddenly become awake. For around the next big tree something terrible might be waiting; but then again, we just might discover something absolutely delightful, something magical. For we have now entered a place of magic, a sacred place of real power. And it's precisely in just such a place, that we find the Grail - a special manifestation of Divine Power: an event or occasion which evokes a deep sense of awe, wonder and mystery.
    It's appropriate here to notice, that these sacramental substances containing special power, have come to be known in our current culture as "psychedelic". This word is actually the combination of two Greek words: Psyche meaning soul; and Delos meaning clear or visible. So properly defined, a psychedelic substance is that which allows one to clearly perceive the soul.
    The challenge that we are confronted with today is not how to eliminate such influences from our current culture as the knee-jerk response of the political machinery would have us believe, but more rationally, how do we integrate these extremely powerful elements back into our culture, so that they may have a positive and life-transforming influence. Isn't it strange that all we hear about is drug abuse, but nothing about drug use? It's as if appropriate and responsible behavior in regard to these substances, isn't even allowed into our collective consciousness or public dialogue. And so what we refuse to address as a society doesn't somehow magically disappear, but is driven underground where it becomes distorted, dysfunctional and pathological.

As means of an analogy, at a young age children should never be allowed to play with fire. Every society on earth shares this belief. And rightly so. But on the other hand, as the child reaches a certain level of understanding it is important that he or she is taught the properties of fire, its dangers as well as its benefits. And as these individuals then reach a certain level of maturity, they themselves will be able to responsibly use this dangerous yet beneficial element. This is part of becoming an intelligent and responsible adult.

Our society however, refuses to allow individuals to become responsible adults. Under our system of laws individuals are all treated as irresponsible children. Information is suppressed, and any real education about psychoactive substances is completely lacking. There is simply no healthy and appropriate context in which responsible drug use can find a place.