Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

face steamer

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi i didnt know where to put this but i suppose its a type of beauty product.

Anyway i was just wondering if anyone has or has used a face steamer? Did it work to help clear up spots and bloked pores ect?
Is it worth the money? or will a bowl of hot water work just aswell?

thanx people

mel-H

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Bowl of water will work just as well, in my humble opinion.

All the steamer does is open pores.
    All the hot water does is open pores.

Use the water, then wash your mush after with something other than cheap soap.
    I had a face steamer when I was a teenager. Just found it handier than a bowl of water or leaning over the sink.

It's ok - like capacity said it will open up your pores. I used to steam my face then use those pore cleaning strips. they always worked great then.
    I was under the impression that using a steamer would in the long run get rid of your spots as the steam "draws all the shit out of ur skin" im only thinking about this because every time i end up on glasswash duty at work i have loads of spots the day after from all the steam. does anyone know if it would improve your skin even short term?

thanx
    it wont really do anything if u just use it for the sake of opening your pores, cos that will just leave them open for dirt entry=spots

i use mine before using pore strips or a clay mask because it makes them more effective
    Thanks thats what i wanted to know :)