Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Mens Styling

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just have to share the knowledge that chocolate brown is now the current 'colour' of the season' so sayeth a style guru in Top man. I personally think pink is the best colour a man can ever wear :)

Any thoughts on current mens fashion?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Mens Styling
    Originally posted by NaRaYaN
    Just have to share the knowledge that chocolate brown is now the current 'colour' of the season' so sayeth a style guru in Top man. I personally think pink is the best colour a man can ever wear :)

Any thoughts on current mens fashion?

I agree. Pink on men = sexiiii.
    Ive just customised a pink billionaire boys club t shirt i bought on ebay.

Torn the arms a bit and made it look all 'vintage' now just gotta wear a white t shirt underneath and rip it at the arms a bit. Should look wiiiiiicked.
    Ive just customised a pink billionaire boys club t shirt i bought on ebay.

Torn the arms a bit and made it look all 'vintage' now just gotta wear a white t shirt underneath and rip it at the arms a bit. Should look wiiiiiicked.

Ooh, aren't you a trendy trendy.
    Originally posted by Basic Instinct
    Pink on men = sexiiii.

Wrong.

Although I agree on brown, I was wearing a brown tee with ripped jeans out at the weekend and the women couldn't resist.

I don't really go with the styles, the whole suit jacket thing passed me by, as did the whole massive V neck t-shirt thing (now what the fuck was all that about?).

I'm just a jeans and tshirt guy, well groomed, nice hair. I'm trendy enough, without ever risking looking like a fucking idiot just in the name of fashion.
    Style guru? Topman? Same sentence? :eek2:
    I get blasted by top man dress sense everytime I go clubbing in fair old essex

Men that have tango'd skin, finely chiselled beard things and the tightest t shirts in the world, sounds like a gay club but really its not :P
    I must be a really unfashionable male then as I don't own a single item of brown clothing. The closet I can get to pink is a pair of socks that have faded in the wash:p

I just wear things that I like the look of & feel comfortable to wear. I'm not a trend follower.
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    I don't really go with the styles, the whole suit jacket thing passed me by,

Thats turned into a joke. Round here the worst dressed people have cottoned on to that so now you see these gimps wandering about in suit jackets are too big for them, as are their shirts and these ridiculous plain blue straight cut skinny jeans and what looks like school shoes on the bottom.
    I don't like pink on guys, i fail to see the big attraction to be honest but browns, greens, greys and blues all look good with nice jeans and stuff.
    I think i would laugh at my boyfriend if he came round one day wearing a pink shirt or something, but thankfully he doesn't dress like a topman tard anyway ;)
    Did I not reply to this? Hmmm...

Topman is Topshop but without the skirts. ALthough, I can forsee them introducing them in the not too distant future. I mean, with their red and pink stripy scarves, truckloads of accessories and many, many styles of jeans - I'm contemplating shopping there rather than the mess that Topshop has become. It is now Topman(lady).
    Originally posted by 1983
    Ooh, aren't you a trendy trendy.

Arent I allowed to be? Im pretty sure being trendy is ok, could be worse I guess, could be a chav :lol:

I do follow male fashion but to be honest you cant go wrong with jeans and a t shirt.
    Arent I allowed to be? Im pretty sure being trendy is ok, could be worse I guess, could be a chav :lol:

I do follow male fashion but to be honest you cant go wrong with jeans and a t shirt.

Dear God, yes you can. It is very easy to go sooooo wrong with that simple-without-trying combination....

Try: drainpipe jeans with a really oversized tshirt.
    I really like the white t shirt underneath thing, it really caught me by the balls. I buy larger white t shirts and bung any other t shirt over the top :crazyeyes
    Originally posted by eefs
    Dear God, yes you can. It is very easy to go sooooo wrong with that simple-without-trying combination....

:yes:

e.g. too-short tapered leg jeans with beer-belly-hugging polo t-shirt, tight jeans and a tight tee, acid wash jeans with 'my nan went to butlins and all i got was this stupid t-shirt' t-shirt, flared jeans and too-small t-shirt....
    What colour works best depends on the individual .. what colour their hair and skin is, so what might look goodon one person might not on another, I think it's sad when people dress a certain way to be like everyone else rather then do what works best for themselves.

I 'think' she was speaking with a hint of sarcasm. You seem to be very sure of yourself being a trend-master and just because you shop at Topman doesn't make this so; that's all.

Anyway; pink on men is no more radical, trendy or stylish than any other decent top of a different colour. Maybe it was a few years ago, but now it's nothing special. A man wearing pink doesn't make him more of a man, which is commonly the mentality of the flower-puffs. It doesn't even mean he's got the nads to 'stand out' from the crowd - All it could necessarily mean is that he is such a blind follower of mannequin fashion that he doesn't even contemplate buying a couple of 3 tops with his student discount card. You'll learn. ;p

The white t-shirt thing; it seemed to be a crazy thing in the summer. Since then, the season stock has changed and most of these tops are in the sale section. This also is nothing special, maybe as all the major 'trendy' themes get ruined by trendy-chavs (the sort who wear Nike Shox and River Island jumpers).

Brown; is ok. It's actually quite a decent colour but I prefer it more in trousers than tops. Dark brown too, not light. S'long as you're talking about the kind of trousers which are cutted-boot, and not the standard fit things which don't even cover the laces of your shoes +o(
    Everyone on this forum seem to hate everything and everyone. Ive never seen a post that doesnt have a snide comment.

Shame though really. Some people seem nice enough, others just ruin it all.

Personally I think TopMan is shite, all very bland plain clothes and I only went there recently to see what they had. All I was doing was saying Chocolate brown is 'in'. Even if it does look poo.

Toodles.
    Take it how you will.

Tatty-bye.
    "Capacity, why do you have to be so horrible to everyone?" - *TiNk*
    "Go and play with the fucking traffic you utter cockwipe" - Kermy

All I can say is I agree. Go fall on a spike you mongolian arse chimp.

Toodles.

• JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Put your handbags down, and back away slowly....

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but it is just that, your OPINION. What looks good is entirely subjective to your tastes and point of view. Yes I am stating the obvious, but after what I have just read I think we need to remind ourselves.

Please try not to be fashion fascists, and if you must then please don't be rude about expressing your disdain.

Thank you. :)