Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hair stuff

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
*gone*

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    well i use remington ceramic ones and have done for a year. they cost £30.
    to stop them crapping up my hair i alternate days of using them.

Havent got any protection spray stuff though. Just dont do the same bit of hair more than once
    I just got new hairart ones from ebay and they are amazing. they just slip though my hair, while my old ones used to drag it a bit. i use the heat protection spray from tresemme too :cool:

i don't straighten it every day though, i don't wash it every day or it goes mental, and when i straighten it it stays straight until i wash it. and i go mental with the conditioner every time i wash it.
    kodos are great. £24.99 off salon easy or ebay. i lent them to my friend the other day whos got GHDs of her own, and she thought they were fab.
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    kodos are great. £24.99 off salon easy

i got those first, but exchanged them for the ones i have now cause they didn't get on with my hair at all.
    why didnt you get on with them?
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    why didnt you get on with them?

they dragged through it, and caught and frazzled the ends. and made it all static-y. and once through my hair wasn't enough to get it straight, and i didn't want to go over and over the same bit.

salon easy are fantastic sellers though.
    Originally posted by Blah_x2
    well i use remington ceramic ones and have done for a year.

:yes: me too. they are really good.

i'd had mine for about 2 years, the just pacled up so i had to get new ones. got the next model up from mine...they were shit! so searched for some the same hehe....such good straighteners!
    Remington Wet2Straight. :heart:

I dont use them when my hairs wet thought coz I dont think it'll be very heathly.

Argos are doing some atm in the sale. Meant to be 80 but they are 40. Dunno if they are any good though.
    GHD's are great but they are pricey, but ive got Gama ones they are similar to the kodo ones i used to have them but exchanged them for my ones now, they have cheap ones that are just as good as the GHD's in hairdresser outlet places thats where i got mine for £45 :)
    GHD's :yes:

Ilora x
    Originally posted by star*
    lee stafford poker straight spray, its really good and seems delish!

:yes: i love that stuff, makes my hair smell great.
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    they dragged through it, and caught and frazzled the ends. and made it all static-y. and once through my hair wasn't enough to get it straight, and i didn't want to go over and over the same bit.

I thought it was just me but my kodos seem to be doing this to my hair more and more just recently. I just cant seem to get it straight anymore and they just seem to be losing their power a bit really, plus my hair just seems to get caught and go all static-y as well. :chin: Hmm could be thinking new xmas pressie now. Which ones did you say you had, don't think i'd ever heard of them before?
    Originally posted by Carolina
    Which ones did you say you had, don't think i'd ever heard of them before?

mine are by hairart, who make all the blingy T3 straighteners.

i just have pretty basic ones though. according to my hairdressing connections they are identical to GHDs but half the price. made in the same factories and everything :)

got mine off ebay for £40.
    KODO's, they are excellent :D Just as good as GHD'S.