Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Fed up of being single

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know this has probably been done a zillion times before, but I am just so pissed off at the mo.
I have been single for almost a year now, and most of that time has been spent sorting my head out and making myself a happier person. So now I'm all happy and everything, and then I meet this guy. He is just amazing. He's so sweet and caring and we've both been thru similar experiences with ex's n stuff. Everytime I see him I feel like I am going to faint, and my tummy does a flip. We've been texting each other a lot and we were meant to be going to the cinema tonight but well, it didn't happen for some strange reason and I am pissed off. So to take my attention off the fact that I am not going to the cinema I phone up a few of my friends. They all say they cant do anything tonight as they are all seeing their boyfriends. Fair enough, but it just made me feel so unbelievably fed up of being single. I wanna be loved and cuddled and stuff, I want wat they all have. I know I could easily have that with this guy, but it's not that easy. I don't want to appear desperate to this guy, and I know he knows I like him which well, makes it worse. So hmm, just moaning about being single really. I seem to have no friends left unless their boyfriends are doing something, and I am feeling very unloved. :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Fed up of being single
    Originally posted by **grunge gurl**
    I know this has probably been done a zillion times before, but I am just so pissed off at the mo.
    I have been single for almost a year now, and most of that time has been spent sorting my head out and making myself a happier person. So now I'm all happy and everything, and then I meet this guy. He is just amazing. He's so sweet and caring and we've both been thru similar experiences with ex's n stuff. Everytime I see him I feel like I am going to faint, and my tummy does a flip. We've been texting each other a lot and we were meant to be going to the cinema tonight but well, it didn't happen for some strange reason and I am pissed off. So to take my attention off the fact that I am not going to the cinema I phone up a few of my friends. They all say they cant do anything tonight as they are all seeing their boyfriends. Fair enough, but it just made me feel so unbelievably fed up of being single. I wanna be loved and cuddled and stuff, I want wat they all have. I know I could easily have that with this guy, but it's not that easy. I don't want to appear desperate to this guy, and I know he knows I like him which well, makes it worse. So hmm, just moaning about being single really. I seem to have no friends left unless their boyfriends are doing something, and I am feeling very unloved. :(

don't worry i'm in the exact same situation only mine's a girl that i like.
    Re: Fed up of being single
    We've been texting each other a lot. It just made me feel so unbelievably fed up of being single. I wanna be loved and cuddled and stuff.I am feeling very unloved. :(
    hehe, join the club mate. I'm sick of being alone, too, as all (or most of, seems like all) my best mates have girlfriends, and I'm confined to the one-nighters on a saturday night. It's no longer a laugh, in fact,it's pretty shit and depressing.

Like my last girlfriend, dumped me for no obvious reason. Well if there was, she never told me. I think it's a basic right to be told why they don't want to be with you any more, isn't it?!

It's not just her though, it's happened twice since then that girls lead you on, make you believe that they want to be with you, and have a serious relationship,then shoot you down when you're about ready to invite them to the movies or go for a drink together. It's fucking annoying, and to be perfectly honest, I've about had a complete bellyful of girls.

p.s. - sorry grunge gurl, this was meant to be your rant-space!! :)
    I was in the exact thing as well - for a year I spent time making myself happy, was ready for a relationship- same texting bloke, similar ex probs, and we saw each other, Confessed I liked him, then he went all "I'm not sure, I'm scared...maybe we should...maybe we shouldn't" That was 2 months ago when we started to get properly close (started about 5/6 months ago with the texting and should/shouldn't we) and we've been going out for a week today :p lol that sounds so weedy "1 week yeah!". Although for a year of recovering from that old relationship, I found alot of satisfaction in knowing that I wanted someone that badly again, and they were acknowleding me and my feelings. Cheer up cherub, ride the waves of courtingness. 2 of my best mate got together 2/3 months ago...havent heard from the female since...and the male, see him in college but he rushes off to spend every waking moment with her, not really realising that I miss them both as individuals and when they needed someone I was there for them...now they've got each other and I needed someone there and they couldn't get away fast enough. Couples never seem to realise how much individual friends miss their qualities!!

Malt Munk xx :)
    Originally posted by malteser monkay
    Couples never seem to realise how much individual friends miss their qualities!!

I think I was an offender of doing this to my friends tho. When I was with my ex, I didnt ignore them but my boyfriend defiantely came first which shouldnt of happened. I just miss my friends, I want to go shopping and have them round to stay the night, but their all busy with their bf's. I'm fed up of being alone.

Also, the other day I was in the smoking area with one of my friends and my ex and his mate (this is the mate that my ex is going out with his little sister, get it?!) walked over and my ex goes "alright so-and-so" "alright so-and-so" and completely ignored me! I was like "Hi [name]!!!!" really sarcastically and he looked at me like I was a piece of shit, fuckin prick!

And I really like this guy, like really really badly and it's so annoying cos I don't think he likes me back, humph.

Sorry, rant over.
    Am I the only person that enjoys being single?

I just broke up with my boyfriend a week ago partly because I really don't want a boyfriend at the moment...
    I did enjoy being single until recently, suddenly feel I need love. :(
    Originally posted by *x*franki chicken*x*
    Am I the only person that enjoys being single?

I enjoy being single. Not all of the time though. Not when I've started to like someone and it's gone wrong.

Not many of my friends are single and I think they like hearing about my interesting single life and hearing about which lad I'm meeting up with etc. Makes their lives a bit more interesting!
    I did enjoy being single until recently, suddenly feel I need love. :(

We all need love!

Chin up. :)

When will you see him next, do you know?
    It's not so much being loved it's being WANTED. Being admired, looked after and paid attention.

It's some human instinct to stand in crowds, roll with the larger group of mates on a night out...to be around people and to constantly aim higher. Or at least it is to people other then the wasters that float about life aimlessly...

I was with an amazing girl I loved so muhc. First girl I loved properlly since my first love (which as we all know isn't actual love - just appreciation ;) ) but we fought all the time until I dumped her when she forgot my 18th birthday so I dumped her in rage and she didn't take me back! :( I'm 19 n 6 monthes tomorrow so I've been single for a year n a half.

I agree that one nights aren't a laugh any mroe they're depressing and frankly...pathetic. Don't get me wrong I jumped on those opportunities because I wanted to be appreciated just not in the that way as such.

I'm a 19 yo warm blooded male but I don't just want sex I want to be able to walk home from a crap day at work through the rain, on a stuffy crammed train with smelly office workers onyl to get splashed by a car and chased by a dog....but I wanna be able to keep on walking because I got a nice warm, cosey happy face waiting at home waiting to help me get my wet clothes off, shove me in the shower, do me a hot choccy and cuddle up with watching telly.

Deep down everybody seeks companionship. Not only in a partner but friends, too. I love having mates around. I've lived alot of my life without friends around so I appreciate any companionship.

Singletons might enjoy it but that's only for a short time after splitting up or even a longer time depending on how they were treated so they can 'window shop'around for somebody else.

They may argue against that fact but it's true.

People just wanna be loved but sometime you gotta just enjoy the fact you can have more time n space to really see what you want in somebody and prepare your life so things go smoother. Not only for a partner but for yourself.

Finding somebody isn't simple I'm afraid but then I guess you know that already. I'm in a shitty situation with this girl I work with. We flirted like MAD when she started. Texting and all that until she got a text one day (not me) and she suddenly became different...I asked her if she wanted to go for a drink n I got "Sorry hunni I'd love to but ... I'm almost with this guy already but as soon as anything happens you'll be the first to know" wtf?! I'm next in queue? :eek:

I'm curious now...what happened exactly cus I know you were getting really excited?
    I enjoyed being single up until now, I liked being able to do my own thing and only having myself to think about. I needed time to find myself and sort my head out and now I've done it!

Davy, what you said is sooo true.
    I'm a 19 yo warm blooded male but I don't just want sex I want to be able to walk home from a crap day at work through the rain, on a stuffy crammed train with smelly office workers onyl to get splashed by a car and chased by a dog....but I wanna be able to keep on walking because I got a nice warm, cosey happy face waiting at home waiting to help me get my wet clothes off, shove me in the shower, do me a hot choccy and cuddle up with watching telly.

Aww that is so sweet, that is exactly what I want! I was just talking to one of my friends who I have known since we were 3 and she has a really lovely boyfriend, and she was saying that I could easily get a boyfriend, I just don't have enough confidence and that my ex has really knocked my confidence. Hmm I dunno, I don't feel like I could get a bf that easily.
    I'm curious now...what happened exactly cus I know you were getting really excited?

Well erm we were ment to be going to the cinema last night but through lack of communication (him having no credit) we didn't go. The next time I will see him is at college on monday which just seems soooo far away! I sent him a txt this morning and he aint txt back so I guess he still has no credit, I'll just have to wait and see if he txts back or not really. Even when I think about him I feel all funny, and my knees feel like they are going to collapse on me, hehe. I really cannot get him out my head, I will be at work this afternoon constantly thinking about him...hmm wish he would just txt me. :(
    To be honest, No1 wants to be single, we all want some1 to cuddle up, But.. When my nan died i took a different view on life and i just think, I only got one life. Im only 16 and well, I wanna start having fun instead of worrying about girlfriends and stuff.
    **grunge gurl** and Davy, you are so right!

well, i'm 19 and nearly 6 months old too (when's your birthday Davy? - we must be pretty close! - mines june 19th), but i have never really done anything with a girl. i'm almost ashamed to admit that. a bit embarressed even.

i'm fed up with the 'you'll find someone' lines that people come out with. i actually want to find someone now! yes, there are people i like but most are at uni and, to be honest, don't seem interested in body langauge terms.

don't know what do do. i'm obviously doing something very wrong - surely i cant be that unattractive, i dont think i'm shy, i like meeting people, but sometimes i am on the quiet side and lack things to say.
    I spose ryanhorner you are right, we will only live once and I can't spend most of it moaning that I'm single! But that doesn't change the fact that I would like someone to cuddle up to, someone to tell me I'm pretty n all that, but I spose my time will come.
    you know.. i'm in a reaaltionshiap and i still feel lonely too.......

bu tmaybe that's beacause i iwoan't see my boyfriend iuntil chrismtas... :(

and i haven't seen him since july 6th
    Originally posted by Reese_86
    you know.. i'm in a reaaltionshiap and i still feel lonely too.......

bu tmaybe that's beacause i iwoan't see my boyfriend iuntil chrismtas... :(

and i haven't seen him since july 6th

**hugs**
    oo the perfect thread for me to rant in!!
    in my case said perfect guy comes along and then just when we would have got together he goes off to uni. he came back this weekend and i was out on friday met him. and it SO didnt go as planned. i ended up pissed off at him, and we had a bit of an arguement. his friend went home and he stayed to be with me. two mins later my friend fones me and says we have to leave. now :(:( i'm meant to be going to visit next week but i think he's mad at me. oh :(
    Aww bless u girl_gunner.
    Well i think the guy in my situation is either angry/pissed off/or doesnt like me cos i aint heard from him for ages! tomorrow will tell cos i'll see him at college (Must look good for college tomorrow!)
    Originally posted by Davy
    I'm a 19 year old warm blooded male but I don't just want sex. I want to be able to walk home from a crap day at work through the rain, on a stuffy crammed train with smelly office workers... but I wanna be able to keep on walking because I got a nice warm, cosy happy face waiting at home waiting to help me get my wet clothes off, shove me in the shower, do me a hot choccy and cuddle up with watching telly.
    I've always been single, so I do not know what a relationship is like. The description above sounds lovely, though. Recently, I've met someone and we've become very close to one another. I'm hoping this leads to something more.
    Most of my mates are coupled up, but I like the single life. Means I can flirt with girls and guys... and can be mates with who I want without somebody getting jealous and I don't have to change to please someone.
    I'm abit happier today. I spoke to the guy I really like and he has been really ill and he said we will go to the cinema together soon! Yay! I'm hoping it will be pretty damn soon as I am getting very fed up of single life! :D