Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

living in a dream world

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi,

to be honest it feels like everything i do and see is just a dream.
everything that has happened to me in the past doesnt seem real and everything i do or see or hear just feels fake.
its like im just never fully there.
dont know what kind of advice im asking but its really starting to scare me.
i also get this feeling sometimes like im trapped inside my body. like i'll just look in a mirror and not see my reflection its like im looking at a shell.
i just get the feeling that things happen to me that i cant remember or something has happened in the past that ive repressed or forgotten about... i am completely serious about this and it really does worry me

erm...help!

Comments

• Options
    i sort of felt similar a few years back and with me it was simply the case of not being who i projected i was.

ok that didnt sound right let me explain...on the outside i was trying to act like someone i wasnt but on the inside i was someone totally different.

i know a lot of people do things like that but when the two clash i guess when it causes problems
  • Options
    i kinda feel like that at the moment. it's weird as hell.

i feel like i'm watching myself from a distance, and that i'm not controlling what i do or say, although i know i must be, cause i'm going where i intended to go and am saying what i wanted to say.

i just feel very strange, and out of body. don't know how else to describe it.
  • Options
    Re: living in a dream world
    Originally posted by icey
    hi,

to be honest it feels like everything i do and see is just a dream.
    everything that has happened to me in the past doesnt seem real and everything i do or see or hear just feels fake.
    its like im just never fully there.
    dont know what kind of advice im asking but its really starting to scare me.
    i also get this feeling sometimes like im trapped inside my body. like i'll just look in a mirror and not see my reflection its like im looking at a shell.
    i just get the feeling that things happen to me that i cant remember or something has happened in the past that ive repressed or forgotten about... i am completely serious about this and it really does worry me

erm...help!

Are you depressed? I have to exact same thing happen to me at the start of depression. It's only been the last year that I've kinda become normal. Also, do you use a computer a lot? Computers can make you feel spaced out as well. Go see your doc about it.
  • Options
    Hiya
    It sounds like you're very disatisfied with life at the moment and that can lead to strange feelings of helplessness and feeling distant from the rest of the world. Going to your doctor would definitely be advisable - it's a hard thing to explain but have a go and see what they say.
    It also sounds like you need to DO something to make a difference and make you feel alive again. What interests you? How would you like to be seen by other people? Perhaps you could join a project or cause that you really believe in or start a hobby that will boost your self esteem? Try to do something to make yourself proud to be you.
    big *hugs*
    :)